Paper Wars

Crow_riot. Have fun. Try to remember the fun aspect when things get tough. They grow up so quickly!

"Thing of all the wonderful things about having children"

"Like?"

"Like, when they grow up and leave home"

Ahhh, love Red Dwarf :lol:

hey thanks for the kind words! first time i've turned on my computer since he was born ( thats also a novelty, i usually turn on my computer on a daily basis :D )

looking forward to get him home by tomorrow hopefully. then the real stress starts i guess ;-)

Congrats you guys! I have loved following your exploits over the years and now they just got grander!

Hiya friends! Certainly some good news around these parts ... and I also wanted to give you all a little update on this here game. For sure, development hasn't been moving super speedy recently for very obvious reasons. (I'm also involved in a mysteriously secret project for the Open Pandora .... oooohhh!) But I have had time to work on some of the things that are filling up my todo list.

Among them was to redesign the hexes that appear when units are selected. If you remember, previously we indicated the ability to move and perform and action through a hex and a ring. The meanings of those hexes were not immediately obvious, especially for those first approaching the game, so I've come up with a new set. The meaning is hopefully more intuitive.

This is the idea:

new%20hexes.png

And this is what they look like in game:

new-hex-designs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good, maybe "to much information" for beginners but could be also used in combination with some explaining text or so. ^^

P.S.: recent events remember me to suggest to backup your code if you don't have already. Code will get lost in the Pandora Community pretty often it seems, so please backup your jewel regulary, it's to good to get lost. ^^""

"too much information" is indeed something to consider. I'm hoping that we are striking a good balance between "too much" and "not enough". I'm also working on re-doing the main screen UI. I'll be very interested in your opinions when I get that done soon.

And yeah, backing up ... luckily Dr. Crow had the foresight at the start to setup an SVN. Everything resides happily and safely there B)

P.S.: recent events remember me to suggest to backup your code if you don't have already. Code will get lost in the Pandora Community pretty often it seems, so please backup your jewel regulary, it's to good to get lost. ^^""
You keep saying that, but who except the Rainy Day guy did lose code in the near past? o_O

do I have a bad download? game wont run...

pandora:/media/GAMES/pandora/menu$ pnd_run paperwars-rebirth.pnd

Runscript /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh

Pndfile paperwars-rebirth.pnd

Subapp Number 0

pandora:/media/GAMES/pandora/menu$

pandora:/media/GAMES/pandora/menu$ md5sum paperwars-rebirth.pnd

b31a35294b4bc0b72618a04d357cbd10 paperwars-rebirth.pnd

pandora:/media/GAMES/pandora/menu$ ls -l paperwars-rebirth.pnd

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 182145 Sep 28 12:58 paperwars-rebirth.pnd

yeah still active, we've just gained a little momentum again. i'm rewriting the AI at the moment - got pretty far with my current framework and i'm pretty happy how it turned out (i think it's the 6th approach and definitely the last one ...). traylorpark is creating the interface now (currently ingame, then main menu ...) ...

I hope we can at least release a beta build in the next few weeks for the pandora (now that i have a working toolchain again :) )

Back