Release Panplayer Beta 5 - Uploaded to Repo

where you have to go to access to the gigolo share? mnt/?

panplayer does not seem to be able to navigate filesystem in remote machine, i setup shortcut to video file on pandora desktop then use panplayer to navigate to pandora desktop and play file
I think that gigolo is a frontend for gvfs, which does I guess actually mount onto the filesystem using fuse, at least, from what I have read, so by enabling picklelauncher to see hidden files and browsing to the .gvfs directory in your home directory, you may be able to access the files from there, not sure, haven't really dealt with gvfs much before, so that's only in theory, and I have no shares or anything with which to test it. You can test it out by editing the config.txt file and changing the show_hidden variable from 0 to 1. Might work, as I said, no experience with it, just a thought from browsing on it for a few minutes. :)

tried changing, and can see hidden folders but not allowing to see any files in .gvfs. used a windows share to test ( can't do further testing since can't seem to connect using gigolo! ak!)

edit

tested with linux share and still can't see any files in .gvfs

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes tv out does work in the second layer and plays smooth.

It has problems with each format like of avi and mp4 some of these video files work and some don't,that's really strange,why is it doing that.

Considering my files are the same there is no difference,i downloaded few mp4 and only some worked but not all.

Yes tv out does work in the second layer and plays smooth.

It has problems with each format like of avi and mp4 some of these video files work and some don't,that's really strange,why is it doing that.

Considering my files are the same there is no difference,i downloaded few mp4 and only some worked but not all.
Those are just containers and can have *significant* differences depending on the resolution of the files as well as things like the codecs used. Having some .mp4 or some .avi files say exactly zero!

All right, see if this pnd file fixes everyone's problems with running panplayer, uses mplayer from the previous one patched so hopefully those lines don't appear when playing some files, also doesn't use vfexpand, so hopefully it won't have problems with some files like it was having before, if this works all right, I will begin working to implement some settings within picklelauncher, such as the video output used, the subtitle and audio settings, brightness/contrast, maybe others if I can think of them or you can give me ideas. :)

panplayer.pnd

Attachments

• panplayer.pnd
    6.2 MB · Views: 217

How about an auto play next file feature ...Bud

Panplayer cannot see files/folders shared with Gigolo even with showing hidden folders. the .gvfs folder is empty.

That lines issue I was having is gone now, thanks for that! Still can only get some of my videos to play with audio only and no picture, might be an encoding issue on my part...

(null)

All my 640x360 videos works at tv out mode (xvid codec, mp4 container, aac audio )

gonna investigate a little bit further on that
Actually resolution 640x360 is really good quality and i had one video on that worked perfect.

Wow i'm really impressed all of my avi,mp4 videos all work,nice update.

Can you put keyboard buttons for play and stop controls,you have only these buttons only in b and x buttons only,that will be very useful for watching movies on tv using wireless keyboards rather holding pandora in hand.

There is one big problem when you make folder in cd's and when you click on it will show blank files,if you just have files on cd without folder they show up,can you do anything about that so files can show up within the folder.

Can you put keyboard buttons for play and stop controls,you have only these buttons only in b and x buttons only,that will be very useful for watching movies on tv using wireless keyboards rather holding pandora in hand.

There is one big problem when you make folder in cd's and when you click on it will show blank files,if you just have files on cd without folder they show up,can you do anything about that so files can show up within the folder.
There are keyboard controls already for mplayer, I just remapped some other ones for the control buttons, all the default ones are listed out in the mpdefaults.conf file, but for those two that you said, space is for play/pause, and q is to quit. About the second part, if I am understanding what you are saying correctly, are you trying to plug in an external cdrom drive and having files/folders on it that you are trying to play with panplayer. First thing would be to see whether you can view the files themselves from the terminal and from the file manager, just to make sure they are visible, I couldn't think of a possible reason why they aren't showing up in picklelauncher, unless for some reason they are listed as hidden files or something. Unfortunately I don't have a cd drive to test with, so I am unsure of how to fix it, you can try changing the show_hidden line to 1 in the config.txt file, just to see if that is what it is, and ensure that the filetypes that you are trying to display are listed in the profile.txt file. Hopefully that works, otherwise I can't say for sure. :)

That lines issue I was having is gone now, thanks for that! Still can only get some of my videos to play with audio only and no picture, might be an encoding issue on my part...

(null)
What types of files are you trying to play, if I may ask? And you did try with the latest version that I just put up? Remember to delete the appdata directory when changing versions, at least while I get the config files for mplayer and everything fully working, it's a bit clunky, but not sure how else would be the best way to do it, while still adding the possibility to edit the configuration settings that they use, and I'm sure a manual process is better than a automatic process, in case you did put in config changes that you really like. Though I may change the startup script to add each file in turn, rather than all of them, so that you can just delete 1 file and have it automatically refresh. You could also try taking the output of /tmp/pndrun_panplayer.out or something like that to pastebin or something, so I could see exactly what is going wrong, not sure. :)

Hi JDGBOLT,

I just tested the latest build, thanks a lot for the constant updates. The only issue I can see is again related to subtitles. If you set some hotkeys to change aspect ratio, and that the video is not taking the full screen height, then the subtitles can get cropped. I thought that the subtitles would be streched along with the video, but they seem to stay the same size and position (that's why they get cropped if the video size is narrowed vertically). If you render the subtitles into the video frame, do you think that you may render them before the video is streched, so the subtitles are stretched too? Not ideal, but at least they would not get cropped :)

Thanks again for the great work, this player is almost perfect now! :)

Has anyone noticed any sort of difference in playback speed and how well it plays the videos between the latest version I put up and the one I put up on the repo? Since one is mplayer, the other is mplayer2, want to make sure that I'm not losing too much speed, if at all, between the two versions, since if not, or it plays better, I'll probably use this build of mplayer as the base, keeping it in line with the archlinux mplayer source packages, a bit more testing than just using the latest svn, but still relatively up to date, so far over the past few months it's been upgraded about once every month, recent enough to pull in new changes every once in a while, but still a bit more tested so we don't have issues with the daily ffmpeg and mplayer regressions that sometimes pop up. Hopefully will provide a good base for it, though once I get the configuration functionality within picklelauncher, not sure what else I could do other than upgrading the mplayer builds as they come out, so less maintainance for me as well. :)

There are keyboard controls already for mplayer, I just remapped some other ones for the control buttons, all the default ones are listed out in the mpdefaults.conf file, but for those two that you said, space is for play/pause, and q is to quit. About the second part, if I am understanding what you are saying correctly, are you trying to plug in an external cdrom drive and having files/folders on it that you are trying to play with panplayer. First thing would be to see whether you can view the files themselves from the terminal and from the file manager, just to make sure they are visible, I couldn't think of a possible reason why they aren't showing up in picklelauncher, unless for some reason they are listed as hidden files or something. Unfortunately I don't have a cd drive to test with, so I am unsure of how to fix it, you can try changing the show_hidden line to 1 in the config.txt file, just to see if that is what it is, and ensure that the filetypes that you are trying to display are listed in the profile.txt file. Hopefully that works, otherwise I can't say for sure. :)
Actually i know about play/pause and quit,i didn't want that i was asking to select the folder and start the video with keyboard,your keyboard controls work only when the movie is pressed with b button.

show_hidden line to 1 in the config.txt file i did that and it still the same,any other suggestions.

Yes i am using external dvd drive.

Actually i know about play/pause and quit,i didn't want that i was asking to select the folder and start the video with keyboard,your keyboard controls work only when the movie is pressed with b button.

show_hidden line to 1 in the config.txt file i did that and it still the same,any other suggestions.

Ah, okay, I see what you mean, you were talking about picklelauncher, well, in that case, you can still use the keyboard for it, the buttons are mapped as page up/down for y and x, and home and end for a and b, and arrow keys to select. I can't set it to anything else as picklelauncher doesn't allow setting multiple keys to a command, so you'll have to use those to keep the pandora controls working. :) . Also within config.txt you can find what each button is mapped to checking the comments by the commands within the section, which picklelauncher automatically generates. :) And not sure what to say for the other thing, did you make sure you can browse it from the pandora itself within a terminal and the file manager?

Ah, okay, I see what you mean, you were talking about picklelauncher, well, in that case, you can still use the keyboard for it, the buttons are mapped as page up/down for y and x, and home and end for a and b, and arrow keys to select. I can't set it to anything else as picklelauncher doesn't allow setting multiple keys to a command, so you'll have to use those to keep the pandora controls working. :) . Also within config.txt you can find what each button is mapped to checking the comments by the commands within the section, which picklelauncher automatically generates. :) And not sure what to say for the other thing, did you make sure you can browse it from the pandora itself within a terminal and the file manager?
Ok from terminal what do i type there to see if it will work that way.

Ok from terminal what do i type there to see if it will work that way.
When you open up the terminal, type cd /media, then ls, you should see various volume names, not sure what it would be for you, perhaps sr0, or maybe the name of the disk, probably not any of the mmcblk ones, if you haven't named your sd cards. Then from there, cd to that name, and type ls from there, then if you see the directories and such, you cd to those directories and press ls, if you want to go up a directory, you type in "cd .." very basic, but should give you some idea of if the files are visible. And those same files do work if you just burn them all in the main directory of the disk? I ask because picklelauncher is set up to display only a certain subset of file extensions. One thing that just came to mind is perhaps the file extensions are in capitals, as perhaps the disk filesystems are case sensitive, as it is now, it is set to only display lowercase types, I think. :)

Back