Release smplayer2 / mplayer2

Michoko

Hi,

It seems that in the latest update, the OSD text is now quite big, compared to previous versions (notably the seeking/timing display). Is there an option in the preferences to reduce its size? Thanks! :)

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
One question : why is there such a gap in performance between SmPlayer and PanPlayer ? I believe both are using mplayer2 for playback. But at the same frequency I get more or less smooth playback on Panplayer and a slideshow on SmPlayer -> is this due to defaults settings they use for mplayer2 ?

First thing to confirm is that you are using the SMPlayer2 pnd from here and not the SMPlayer pnd which uses the much slower mplayer binary in the firmware. Your icon or menu item should be titled SMPlayer2 - NOT SMPlayer

If you are still having problems after that, try deleting the smplayer2 appdata directory- perhaps the defaults got screwed up- or you have a very old config.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions - I was referring to smplayer2 indeed.

I did remove the appfolder and checked again now and it seems the performance is slightly improved. Maybe it was as simple as that!

megaminxwin

Still Fresh
Whenever I try to view 1080p video, I can't actually see anything, it all goes green. I've tried all the default output drivers, but none of them make a difference, apart from changing the colour of the screen. Any ideas?

The same thing happens with 720p video, but that's fixed with going full-screen. The 720p video uses the MPEG-4 codec, the 1080p video uses h.264.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
yeah usually video is dropped over audio if the frame rate cannot follow. So you get audio but the video would not display.

By the way 1080p is overkill for a screen like the Pandora that can only display 800*480 - even if it was working you would be using way to much CPU for nothing, since most of the pixels would not be displayed (only one in 4 or something).

Last edited by a moderator:

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
I can play some of my 1080p videos if they are encoded with XVID/DIVX codec and not h264.. but I only have a handful of videos that are encoded with that. 

megaminxwin

Still Fresh
Yeah, I've downscaled everything to about 480p and it plays perfectly. I was trying to do 1080p simply because I didn't know how to downscale it then, but a quick google search helped me out there. Marvellous.

budweiser

GP32 Hardcore
Yeah, I've downscaled everything to about 480p and it plays perfectly. I was trying to do 1080p simply because I didn't know how to downscale it then, but a quick google search helped me out there. Marvellous.
So what did you use to downscale ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
So what did you use to downscale ?
You can use Handbrake. It's Free software and it works fine. 

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all,

I get the following error when trying to play some MP4 videos on my Rebirth unit, with the latest Super Zaxxon release installed:
/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer -noquiet -nomouseinput -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo omapfb -ao oss -nokeepaspect -framedrop -input nodefault-bindings:conf=/dev/null -stop-xscreensaver -wid 46137632 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -volume 50 -nocache -osdlevel 0 -af scaletempo -softvol -softvol-max 110 /media/Pandora/2.mp4

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

Is this a known issue ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

_jr_

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I get the following error when trying to play some MP4 videos on my Rebirth unit, with the latest Super Zaxxon release installed:

Is this a known issue ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

I seem to remember that the QJackCtl pnd will install a libjack version to NAND that is not compatible with the rest of the system libraries (using a different compiler version), but I thought Canseco had fixed that.