PanMAME Betatesting

I m agree with you

play with 3d games arcade is not possible full speed

Have you other project (except qmenu) ?

i would like play with mupen 64 optimised

Play with mario tennis 64 will be great

lolo

That is not my port or emu. Please ask the maintainers of mupen64. Also I am not finished with this one ;)

I have a lot of stuff to maintain actually :)

pity the video files cant go on another card my16gb card is full so no previews

You can simply change the path to the snaps in the advmenu.rc in appdatat/panmame/.advance/ file to point to your other card.

Is there an easy way to add another rom directory to this? I'd like to try out my mame4all romset on this without needing to copy all the files between directories. :)

(null)

Yes, change the path to the romfiles in the advmenu.rc file in appdatat/panmame/.advance/ to point to your old romdirectory.

Potentially dumb question - but what are the keys in the advmenu.rc that i need to change to set the paths? I'm searching through the advmenu.rc and not finding anything with 'snap' or 'rom' in it that has a directory to change.

Edit: Nevermind.. is in the advmame.rc file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random question - are SaveStates on the future todo list? or that something that just isn't likely ever going to happen?

Thanks

Another great emu mcobit, you are a machine(Daphne is still Awesome). This is Mame done right.

Mame4All has been my go to arcade emaulator since SteveM took it under his wing, it made it shine.

I'm really liking PanMame, but I was wondering, what does this offer over Mame4All? My SD cards are packed to the brim, so if PanMame runs everything that M4A can and then some, I'll see about removing that one and use that space for my Panmame rom set. But if they both offer differant compatibility, maybe I'll just have to look in to some bigger cards. ;)

Chris
God help you m8 mame4all is 1.9 gb panmame is over 14gig
Most of that 14gigs is CHD files right? And those don't run do they? I've just got the basic 106 games(around 2gigs) that don't use the HD files.

Chris
no thats just rom files m8

Random question - are SaveStates on the future todo list? or that something that just isn't likely ever going to happen?

Thanks

Savestates should already work like described in the AdvanceMAME documentation.

Shift+F7 is save, F7 is load. Maybe the keys have to be remapped to something simpler.

Hi mcobit,

I've been testing PanMAME a lot and I think I've found a problem.

The screen tears or ripples a lot in games like Gauntlet.

To see it start Gauntlet, choose the Elf, and then go through the first exit in the bottom-left.

This will take you into a tall room with a door holding the ghost back.

Run all the way up and down in this room without opening the door and you should see ripples in the picture.

The only way I am able to get rid of the ripple is to copy an earlier version of Notaz's SDL library into appdata\panmame\lib

But then Advanced menu wont load so I tested by using a modified appdata\panmame\scripts\advmame.sh :

Line 6: change export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=fullscreen

to export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=672x480 (Gauntlet Specific Aspect Ratio)

and Line 39 change ./bin/advmenu

to ./bin/advmame gaunt2p

Is there a way to use the older SDL with the menu or some other workaround for the rippling effect?

Does anyone else get the rippling in Gauntlet?

Did this ripple occour with the aspectcorrect scaling or before ,too?

If it was introduced with the aspectscling, maybe the conversion from float to int rounds the wrong way in gauntlet. In this case I would have to apply a small patch suggested by Ivanovic that rounds the aspect to multiples of 8, as I think maybe uneven numbers in the exportfor the SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE could produce such behaviour.

Older sdl is not a good workaround imho, as the new one has some modifications to allow analog input and correct touchscreenscaling.

Edit: I will upload the source shortly, so you can check the code for the scaling yourself. And others could submit patches. But that may have to wait till this evening or tomorrow, as Iam on the Ipad right now.

Hi mcobit,

I've been testing PanMAME a lot and I think I've found a problem.

The screen tears or ripples a lot in games like Gauntlet.

To see it start Gauntlet, choose the Elf, and then go through the first exit in the bottom-left.

This will take you into a tall room with a door holding the ghost back.

Run all the way up and down in this room without opening the door and you should see ripples in the picture.

The only way I am able to get rid of the ripple is to copy an earlier version of Notaz's SDL library into appdata\panmame\lib

But then Advanced menu wont load so I tested by using a modified appdata\panmame\scripts\advmame.sh :

Line 6: change export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=fullscreen

to export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=672x480 (Gauntlet Specific Aspect Ratio)

and Line 39 change ./bin/advmenu

to ./bin/advmame gaunt2p

Is there a way to use the older SDL with the menu or some other workaround for the rippling effect?

Does anyone else get the rippling in Gauntlet?
I've noticed the same screen tearing in Gauntlet and get at least a little bit of tearing in most games that scroll vertically or horizontally. I always play in full screen so not sure if people using correct aspect would have the same issue.

I have to check again, if I disabled doublebuffering or vsync by accident.

You can try, if enabling vsync in the videooptions makes a difference.

Edit: I am not very sensible to tearing or ghosting, so I mayhave missed it.

I think I know whats wrong:

Notaz old sdl forces doublebuffering, but the new one doesn't do that, I forgot to add a =1 behind the SDL_OMAP_FORCE_DOUBLEBUF.

Will be fixed in next release, but for now, if it really annoys you, you can mount the pnd manually, copy the startupscript advmenu.sh out of it and into a folder called scripts in the appdata/panmame directory. Then edit that file, that the line looks like this: export SDL_OMAP_FORCE_DOUBLEBUF=1 and save.

Thanks mcobit. Amazing how quickly you are able to figure out these issues. Can't wait for the next release!

Thanks

Savestates should already work like described in the AdvanceMAME documentation.

Shift+F7 is save, F7 is load. Maybe the keys have to be remapped to something simpler.

I vote for 'S' and 'L' :).

Also - Shift+F7 isn't possible on the keyboard (at least not that i can figure out) because hitting the Function key to enable F7 changes the 'shift' key to another key (caps lock or something maybe? can't recall offhand).

Thanks a lot for your work mcobit.

Hi, I'd like to share the same roms among FBA and this version of Mame.

Just to test if it was possible, I first moved the FBA roms to the "rom" directory of panmame, and they seem to work fine (at least the ones I tried).

So I moved my roms back to the FBA appdata folder, went inside the advmenu.rc file, and added :

emulator_roms "mame" "/media/32BGB/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18/roms"

But then panmame quits immediately after I launch it. Could someone help me set the right instruction for rom path changing, please?

Thank you very much ! :)

You need the right name for the emulator. It is not mame, but AdvanceMAME.

Also - Shift+F7 isn't possible on the keyboard (at least not that i can figure out) because hitting the Function key to enable F7 changes the 'shift' key to another key (caps lock or something maybe? can't recall offhand).

If I recall correctly, the order matters here. You should be able to do it by pressing Shift before pressing Fn, that way shift doesn't get shifted.

- Neelix

I will map it to the shift button as save and capslock ( Fn + shift) as load.

S and l are not possible, as they are used for savestateslots, too and you can't load and save from the same slot.

You can remap it yourself in the mame ingamemenu in general input section.

Back