Pandora Pricing - What Price Would You Pay?

What price would you be willing to pay for Pandora?

• I'd pay the current $320 target price, not a penny more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd pay as much as $350, but not more.

• I'd pay more than $350... Just get me one!

• It's already too expensive at $320! I want lower prices!

• I'm in the UK, and therefore already paying $400!

• Total voters

300MHz x86 is way too little. And where's the graphics chip?

Maybe that's a competitor for those who want internet, email and text processing, but the Pandora can just do much more than that.

JakeK said:
:eek: Rid touchscreen? Rid Dual SD slots? Shun him!

Just kidding, I know what you meant but touchscreen and dual SD slots from my understanding are 2 of the biggest features.
Remove an sd socket and the touch screen, and you'll probably save about £5, if that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I presume the SoC already supports dual SDs, so it's just a matter of adding a holder, some wire and a hole in the case :)

Afraid I don't follow pandora threads very much but I think £199 quid is just at the high-end of affordable for such a thing.

I actually consider anything more than £150 for playing games on the move a bit much - but then it depends on what other applications are available..

If a small number of applications like web-browsers etc are ported (which I'm sure they will) then it becomes more interesting to me - in effect a linux-based PDA which I could probably see worth the extra cash.

There are also other apps that could be ported - eg (open source) guitar effects processors, etc that could push sales up.. and then the price down(?)

An old GP32 and Zodiac user here who jumped ship to the PSP a few years ago. I stumbled back onto here a while ago and Pandora is just what I want. I will be happy to pay what you are proposing, mainly for some of the brilliant emulators and homebrew that the developers here are capable of. If Skeezix can port his Outcast I will be a very happy man indeed!

Back