Pandora, Looking Good!

cb88 said:
Edit: couldn't really tell what was said but COOL!
I posted a part translation on the first page of this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
CES is in mid January; if it's not out by then, there probably won't be a user base to appease!
Yes there will it just may not contain you among it ;)

I'm still a firm promoter of "it's done when it's done!".

Peter R said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
CES is in mid January; if it's not out by then, there probably won't be a user base to appease!
Yes there will it just may not contain you among it ;)

I'm still a firm promoter of "it's done when it's done!".

No, I'd still be here, even that late. :p Thought PlopperZ is right, your slogan is valiant for early-mid development stages, but stretching things out just to perfect little things is a formula for vaporware. Not saying that's what Pandora's doing, but that's what following that phrase to the end of the earth gets you. ;)

So the question of price has been brought up. I recall a poll being initiated to see whether or not it should be sold as core system or bundled with an instructional CD/ quick start guide. Possibly include an SD card with an official OS. How and who the Devs choose to market to will ultimately be up to them. And looking over the specs and potential for this handheld pc, this system will not be seeing it's full potential if it does not market outside the homebrew scene. Software manufacturers may want to develop and market applications for the system. Another thought, a competing hardware and software manufacturer may already be keeping a close eye on this project, consider a threat to it's own market, may want to purchase the operations entirely, closing it off.
The possibilities are endless. Good luck on this project, I will most certainly be picking one up or two(I like spending my play moola on gadgets.)

About the US price: Eu countries have value added tax when importing/exporting TO EU COUNTRY. In britain that is 17.5% so 250€ - 17.5% = 206.25€. 206.25€ is 305.62$ now.

Conclusion: people outside Eu will pay 305.62$+possible local tax if dollar doesn't take a dive again. Propably less because dollar is rising again.

Gaeryc said:
About the US price: Eu countries have value added tax when importing/exporting TO EU COUNTRY. In britain that is 17.5% so 250€ - 17.5% = 206.25€. 206.25€ is 305.62$ now.

Conclusion: people outside Eu will pay 305.62$+possible local tax if dollar doesn't take a dive again. Propably less because dollar is rising again.
Wow, that is awesome. Thanks math man!
as for "when its done" i think overall its a good idea, but if its a small problem (say the volume wheel rolls incorrectly or is hard to reach) the cost of removing or fixing the problem seems like more is lost in delays than is gained in product quality. Too bad our view of whats going on is somewhat limited.

Great to see its getting there...

But I couldn't see any markings on the keys :p Can't be long before they have to make a decision on that one... Personally pleased its not my responsibility... going with the recent poll seems the best option.

Re the private board pre-pre order, I suspect that has been dropped. Its very hard to see how that wouldn't cause major confusion, especially if 2 weeks before the official pre-order. Much better to make it fully open with a clear date, or if there is a gp32x private date, make a day or 2 earlier rather than a couple of weeks.

Gaeryc said:

but...

250€ minus 17.5% isn't the pre-VAT price, it's just 250€ less 17.5% :)

212.77€ + 17.5% = 250€, so that is the correct pre-VAT price.

in USD, that's currently $314.95

Squidge said:
Gaeryc said:

but...

250€ minus 17.5% isn't the pre-VAT price, it's just 250€ less 17.5% :)

212.77€ + 17.5% = 250€, so that is the correct pre-VAT price.

in USD, that's currently $314.95

Damn, that's something I tend to forget. Luckily I'm not getting out of college until two years from now.

Nice movie, now I know why it was good to paid attention during the German lessons at school :p

But what about this:
pandoragapkr5.png

It looks like a big hole between the front and the back

It just looks like ther are still no Triggers included. :D

By the way, in the Video ED just told the common Pandora-Facts, nothing really new or surprising. He's talking about the Device, what it is, what it can do etc...

The case wasn't screwed together, since I had to take out the board to run anything on it :)
The shoulder button wasn't in there, as it would be too dangerous it could fall out ;)

Using my incredible Kraut powers:

chris_r said:
<Something I don't understand at all>
"It's primarily for gaming. That's why it has build in game controls."

Also he says they developed it over the last years, not year.

Otherwise your translation seems pretty accurate.

Btw, i also had the great chance to meet the Pandora( and ed :) ) at the gc.
I have to say that the controls really work out great, i was a big sceptist regarding the placement of the controls and was fearing that its going to give you cramps but it really works out to be quite comfortable, i have nothing to complain regarding the controls - at all!.

Back