Confirming I have the 1GHz Pandora

manic23

Still Fresh
Hi there fellow Pandoraites,

I took delivery of my lovely Pandora yesterday (at least I think I did), my question is, apart from the sticker on the box saying I have the 1GHz version, how do I actually know? I'm not saying I distrust DragonBox, I'm sure they are a splendid bunch of upstanding citizens, it's just that I want to be able to actually see the full spec of my unit.

I cannot see anywhere in the Linux OS were you can see the full system spec. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanking you in advance...

The only real way to find out is overclocking to 1,1 GHz and play PCSXReARMed.

Haven't seen a non-1GHz unit that can do that.

Probably the revision.

On 256M CC (obviously OMAP 3530), it's rev 0020.

Does the 1GHz version do anything to obscure the availability of OPP5?

Perhaps you could send it to linux swat and he can verify it for you. Can't guarantee it will be returned as the 1ghz is devilishly good...

If you do so, plz send some money with it ;^).

I remember a similar thread... Maybe the internal cache ?

Perhaps you could send it to linux swat and he can verify it for you. Can't guarantee it will be returned as the 1ghz is devilishly good...

But how can he be sure that the unit he gets back is a 1GHz unit and not swapped with a CC one by Linux-SWAT :)

Serious suggestion: I would run the benchmark tool to verify how far the unit can be overclocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you read the sgxclock somehow? Should be 110MHz for the old and 200MHz for the new GHz units

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'll politely decline the offer to send t to linux swat ;) but thanks for the offer ;)

I was playing Wip3out 3 for about 30 mins yesterday with with frankly insanely awesome PCSXReARMed, it was over clocked to 1.1 GHz so I think I can be certain it is the 1GHz version.

Last edited by a moderator:
As mcobit said, indeed you can check the GPU clock.

Type "dmesg" in a terminal, and look around.

There is also that opp overclock crazy thing that notaz mentioned.Only some 1ghz pandoras can do it.It overclocks to a very high speed if you try this.

Just politely ask your Pandora. It got a microphone and speakers.

If you do so, plz send some money with it ;^).

I remember a similar thread... Maybe the internal cache ?

mbench should expose the different L1 sizes and different main memory performance, there's also the L3 clock at 200MHz instead of 166MHz which should be printed somewhere.

Back