Pandora, Looking Good!

CronoTriggerfan said:
It's a shame the real case didn't make it in time. Can't wait to see that one!

It's a *REAL* same the real *THING* didn't make it in time - you know - like they said it would a couple months back.

Last edited by a moderator:
chad78 said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

It's a *REAL* same the real *THING* didn't make it in time - you know - like they said it would a couple months back.

It's a real same alright. Same as every other post you make, that is. :p

chad78 said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Eastasia, you say? No, Chad, Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia. :lol:

chad78 said:
I'm as disappointed about the delays as you are, but let's be fair here: Nobody ever said the Pandora would come out on this or on that date; only estimates were given, and they were clearly indicated as estimates.

I know you really wanted that thing yesterday -- heck, I wanted it on my birthday a month ago -- but just imagine the amount of extra-orgasmic joy you're going to experience when you finally get your paws on the real deal.

Karel Jansens said:
chad78 said:
I'm as disappointed about the delays as you are, but let's be fair here: Nobody ever said the Pandora would come out on this or on that date; only estimates were given, and they were clearly indicated as estimates.

I know you really wanted that thing yesterday -- heck, I wanted it on my birthday a month ago -- but just imagine the amount of extra-orgasmic joy you're going to experience when you finally get your paws on the real deal.
I'd agree that I'll be excited when it comes out, but probably slightly jaded by the wait; there's a huge difference between playing Pandora during a summer with fairly limitless hours and having it show up on your doorstep and not even having time to open it because you've got school during the day, martial arts/night college courses at night, and a job during the weekends. :( So yeah, I sympathize more with people who complain about delays than with people who would wait until 2010 for this thing to come out.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I'd agree that I'll be excited when it comes out, but probably slightly jaded by the wait; there's a huge difference between playing Pandora during a summer with fairly limitless hours and having it show up on your doorstep and not even having time to open it because you've got school during the day, martial arts/night college courses at night, and a job during the weekends. :( So yeah, I sympathize more with people who complain about delays than with people who would wait until 2010 for this thing to come out.
One of the advantages of being an old fart: No more school! :p

(Actually, that's not entirely true; I have an algebra course and a fiendishly difficult language course in Thai waiting for me. But I can start when I want. Har har har.)

It will also be good when it comes out with no major GP2X MK1 flaws too :)

Something major happened recently which meant if we had already started mass production every single Pandora might have had to have been recalled or at least patched - it's things like that that we are so far avoiding by being extra cautious.

chad78 said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Delays are unfortunate, but nobody can predict the future. A couple months back, you said you'd jump ship if the Pandora got delayed beyond August. Apparently situations have changed enough that you're going back on your previous statements, just as situations have changed that have pushed back the Pandora ship date. Such is life.

MWeston said:
OMAP3 NEON bug in silicon
(nothing I did) :)

How do you work around that then? Or have you had to replace the SOCs?

Glow_Bug_4235.jpg

damn NEON bugs!!!

Is there any formal announcment by TI yet? and what does that mean for the Beagle board community? did they all just get f*****?

It's the price of admission for being an early adopter. Beagle users are "stuck" with the chip. There is a work around and it does work fine, but the problem is that it slows down NEON performance a lot and we don't want that for Pandora. I think we will delay until the next revision is ready which is probably soon since we already have samples or they are on the way. They were to ship directly to the assembler so I haven't seen them.

At the moment, I don't see this delaying the November launch as I have known about the new silicon for a little while now. I just wonder what version the new Archos players are using since they are being manufactured right now!

MWeston said:
At the moment, I don't see this delaying the November launch as I have known about the new silicon for a little while now.

Kinda like the nubs weren't supposed to cause a delay, huh? :rolleyes: Of course I don't blame you guys, I sympathize with you 100%. Both instances were completely out of your hands; but at this point, it almost seems as if divine providence is working against this thing coming out.

Back