Pandora in Japan: New official distributor (2013-06-19)

Perhaps change "it is not possible to connect via Wifi directly with this unit. " to "Pandoras shipped in japan have their internal wlan hardware disabled due to certification issues."

That would be more accurate, since it is possible, if in breach of regulations :rolleyes:

Perhaps change "it is not possible to connect via Wifi directly with this unit. " to "Pandoras shipped in japan have their internal wlan hardware disabled due to certification issues."

That would be more accurate, since it is possible, if in breach of regulations :rolleyes:
I dont have to go into such level of details.

This would only lead customers asking how to re-enable the internal wifi,  and if Ekianjo then provided this information it could land him in legal trouble. If he doesn't then it looks like bad customer service.    In short it would be a lose-lose situation.   It's easy enough for his clients to find the truth of the matter here on the boards,  but from a Marketing perpective and from a Customer Service perspective, Ekianjo is taking the right approach. 

- Neelix

Regarding the nice box, I suggest you still have a message inside "Pandora's Box has been opened.", as in the official boxes.

It was the coolest thing to find that, when I lifted the box lid.

If you need a Japanese review, I can give you one in Japanese.

I originally bought mine to get work done while riding the train to work in Tokyo in the morning. There's no way you can pull out a laptop on a rush hour train and hope to use it standing up while pinned against the wall with some smelly salaryman's back and armpit in your face. At least with the Pandora (and the Zaurus I had before it), I could do coding while standing up and jammed between many people during rush hour. Being able to play games on nice hardware is an obvious side bonus :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back