What about a Japanese Pandora community?

timofonic

GP Mafia
Hello.

I'm a staff member of OpenPandora.ES, an authorized Pandora community in Spanish. I motivated the webmaster and owner of the site into creating the actual community because I felt that there wasn't a website for Spanish people that supported this system in a dedicated way.

Japan has a very good homebrew and independent developer community, their homebrew games are known as "doujin soft" and it is even sold to others like with manga done by hobbyists. Some of those people finally enter into the professional world.

Japanese culture and language barrier can make harder that potential users and developers know Pandora and get one. A Pandora community created for the Japanese people and designed for their likes and preferences could help a lot on creating a community of users and talented developers from Japan interested in Pandora.

I don't know if there's an official Pandora distributor in Japan, but this is an important topic too. I see people from Japan can buy a Pandora from the GBAX site, but maybe that isn't so comfortable as a site in their native language.

I saw a few Japanese people or with Japanese knowledge in this site, so maybe they can be interested in helping with this idea. I could help configuring a CMS like Joomla or Plone, and other people I know can help too.

There are very interesting opportunities in other Asian countries too, like South Korea

To everyone involved, I'd like to know what you think about this idea and if you can help make it possible.

Regards.

PS: I'm posting this on both forums (GP32X and OpenPandora.org forums) for a broader attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm a bit busy with some real life stuff, but I hope to soon prepare some way of commucating about this. What about a mailing list or Google Groups?

Regards.

Back