Pandora in Japan: New official distributor (2013-06-19)

Maybe I noticed too late but I think that Paper Wars should be the main game in the card cause well it is showed in the back of the box :p

This is brilliant, it's just what pandora needs. I hope more Japanese people can get into the open source community so that more gems like cave story can be made. 

That being said, I couldn't find any ads and reviews of pandora in Japanese. May be it's a good idea to make a few and upload them to websites that Japanese geeks would visit. 

That being said, I couldn't find any ads and reviews of pandora in Japanese. May be it's a good idea to make a few and upload them to websites that Japanese geeks would visit. 
This is coming. I just started the distribution here, don't expect everything to be ready at once :)

It will take a while for all the pieces of the puzzle to fit together.

prepare the cards, what do you think?
For the commercial games I have an arrangement with the author.
You have an arrangement with TerryCavanagh? All I can say is wow nice if that's the case. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these images mockups of real photos? How big is the box?

It would be very interesting if you keep us posted of how it's received by the japanese market in Pandoralive!

Hehe:

animes2.JPG

Just wondering, why do the product listings say "It is not possible to connect via Wifi directly with this unit. If you want that functionality, please add a wireless adapter to your order."? Are they faulty? Is wifi different somehow in Japan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these images mockups of real photos? How big is the box?

It would be very interesting if you keep us posted of how it's received by the japanese market in Pandoralive!
Real box and real picture ( ^_^ )v

Just wondering, why do the product listings say "[FONT='ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3']It is not possible to connect via Wifi directly with this unit. If you want that functionality, please add a wireless adapter to your order.[/FONT][FONT='ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3']"? [/FONT]Are they faulty? Is wifi different somehow in Japan?
You need offocial certification for wifi chips therefore its disabled in the firmware.

Disabled in the firmware, but not disconnected or made unuseable on the hardwareside?

Couldn't they just flash normal firmware and get the functionality back?

Or is the firmware of the wifichip not flashed or something like that?

Correct. Not hardware disconnected. Of course they can reflash but i will not provide instructions to do so and i recommend people to buy a authorized wifi dongle instead. What they actually do is their responsibility in the end, and as far as i know my clients so far are using a usb dongle, just like me.

Back