Pandora 2 and which OS?

What operating systems would you like to have on Pandora 2?

• I would like Linux running on it.

Votes: 77 72.6%
  • I would like Android running on it.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I wouldn't buy it without Linux support.

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • I wouldn't buy it without Android support.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I like both OSs to be supported.

Votes: 57 53.8%
  • I don't care about the OS.

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Please be consistent and only support one OS. I don't like multiboot for running different games/app

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • I want Windows 8, so please lock down the device! I need my M$ spyware on the Pandora!! Besides, I n

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • So what? But Android is spying on me too!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

I have a thought if Android (in one form or another) does make it's way to the P2. Make an app similar to sixaxiscontroler that lets you make touch screen profiles. If I am not mistaken, the way it works is something like this: you take a screenshot of the game you want to play, and then you can assign areas of that screen to hardware controls/nubs. It would be a little annoying to have to do this for multiple games, but I would say it is worth it to be able to use the p2's hardware controls instead of touchscreen. Touchscreen controls would be pretty difficult on the pandora without a super strong hinge.

If Pandora's controls can be setup to look like a standard gamepad in Android then existing apps should be capable of handling this. But I wish developers wouldn't make gamepad-emulation touch controls then not add the small amount of code to support actual gamepads.

Thats how it always seems to go, with a good workaround there is no need for a real solution :(

Back