Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, OK.. I'm not sure I'm up to the task of producing a scale drawing, I had a go but I'm not very good and all I had was a pencil and ruler- no eraser even :rolleyes: as I said I'll look into 3D cad again and try to get into that. Thanks for those dimensions, they wont be wasted if I can help it- it will take some time though.

So, I did another mock up just to pass the time.. it really isn't much different from the first but I put in a fair bit of time on it so, it's going up anyway :lol:
I had real trouble portraying the smooth curves on the sides but, you get the idea.
I really like the look of the Retrocade against 2X, PSP etc and I'd like it even more with these triggers ;)

click:

Eolair said:
X-Code said:
heh!, sorry about that, my camera is kinda messed up :lol:
The idea was to show the possible dimensions of the final device, I would guess that it'll end up being approximately the size of a GP2X, but without the battery area bump :)

I took the liberty to improve the brightness a bit :lol: ;)

improvedgt3.jpg

Hey Eolair, do you think you could try making a design of the RetroGrade with the two bottom right buttons above the right stick?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot to add that the Retrograde has tiny buttons when you compare it to the psp. That may not be the best for the ergonomics of the device.

Please make it black/dark gray. White is too distracting and flashy. That should be the screen's job, not the case's :p

Imagine how great the F200 GP2X would have looked black :)

invinciblegod said:
Oh I forgot to add that the Retrograde has tiny buttons when you compare it to the psp. That may not be the best for the ergonomics of the device.
Yeah, the scale isn't right. It was just a quick cut&paste job. The buttons should be 9mm which is slightly larger than the psp...I guess I should edit the picture :)

sam fisher said:
I wasn't supposed to post this, but here is a video of a dev board running a quickly hacked together version of PSX4ALL.

Yeah, like anyone would believe you would have access to such a thing, and it'd be on YOUTUBE of all places. Nice try though!

Exophase said:
sam fisher said:
I wasn't supposed to post this, but here is a video of a dev board running a quickly hacked together version of PSX4ALL.

Yeah, like anyone would believe you would have access to such a thing, and it'd be on YOUTUBE of all places. Nice try though!

I'm keep myself amused, it beats homework and I have "sources". If such a video existed I would have it and I would have to upload it to youtube as I would have nowhere else to put it.

I like the idea of having a microphone input also. Sure I have a cellphone but would be nice to use skype or google talk to quickly dial up a long distance friend with no charges or just for the ability to do so!

Fishbong said:
Bluetoorh is not a must have, but would be great if you want to surf the net on the go using a cellphone.
Bluetooth USB sticks are cheap :)

sam fisher said:
Exophase said:
sam fisher said:

I'm keep myself amused, it beats homework and I have "sources". If such a video existed I would have it and I would have to upload it to youtube as I would have nowhere else to put it.

It's a good thing you're lying, otherwise the dev team would be in trouble. Putting something you're "not supposed to show" on YouTube is a good way to get just about everyone on the planet to see it.

sam fisher said:
Fishbong said:
Bluetoorh is not a must have, but would be great if you want to surf the net on the go using a cellphone.
Wifi hotspots are becoming more common you know ;)

Yea, they are getting pretty common. The suburb I live in is in the process of installing free wifi throughout the entire city.

Exophase said:
sam fisher said:
Exophase said:
sam fisher said:

It's a good thing you're lying, otherwise the dev team would be in trouble. Putting something you're "not supposed to show" on YouTube is a good way to get just about everyone on the planet to see it.

I'm not quite that stupid :p But you are right, I don't have contacts close to the PSX4ALL dev team.

sam fisher said:

Ah, I got RickRolled - I like it! :lol:

that's my favourite form of aural masochism! what a dancer hm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back