Opensnes

Oh okay, that makes a little more sense. This new version of the emu is basically the same then, but with better sound, not necessarily any faster or anything. If that's the case, then I'm glad it was described because I thought game performance itself was being affected with this.

Not to undermine what IS being done. Any betterment is of course a good thing. But if the sound core itself is what's responsible for how well the emu plays games with sound on, then is that also something that's being worked on right now too?

I don't want to sound pushy, I'll be happy with what I get. Transparencies don't bother me either. From what I understand, they only matter in a handful of games and won't actually make them impossible to play or anything. So I can live with that.

So now I guess I'm just curious then if the sound core business is being worked on now too. I have no idea how much work it involves or how difficult it is, so I'll try my best to be polite in asking how long something like that takes. Like I said, I don't wanna push anyone. If the emu is abandoned, I'll be disappointed but I won't bitch, it's not like I can do any better. But I am just curious if making the emu run faster/smoother/whatever is something any of us can be expecting anytime soon?

Well the obvious issue is obviously the integration of two different sets of code and figuring out how to have then interact without conflicts, so as soon as he can get that sorted out he can start adding it.

Smoother sound makes everything a little more enjoyable.presuming the code is more streamline and runs faster than the old sound code it could make things run a little easier, somehere between what it's like now and what it's like without sound but of course being more on the slower side of the two.

A little patience and with in a fes days of you getting your system you'll have something to play on it.

Yeah, that seems to make sense. I don't know a thing about programming for this system, so I just gotta ask questions. Now I have a clearer picture of what Reesy's doing with it.

I have no problem with patience. I didn't know exactly how much better this new version was supposed to be, but now I have a better idea, and if he plans to (or has started to) work on the sound core stuff, then I'll be happy to wait for a better portable Snes, no problem. As long as the old version is available in the meantime I guess I'll probably run that, and be content knowing that a better version of it is on the way.

As long as it works on the BLU+, and as long as I know an even better Opensnes is on the way, then I'm happy!

Been a couple days... Is everything as good as possible right now or does this just mean that it's still being worked on?

keep cool ... just wait what the time will bring (holy rule, never make a dev nervous!) of course he is working on it as he told several times. he is also working on other projects so just give him some time ...

I wont be working on OpenSnes anymore I've had a look at adding pocketSPC to it but its a lot more work than I was planning. I've uploaded the latest source code to my site maybe someone else will have better luck than me.

thats sad :(
anyway thanks for your work on it!! runs now a lot better than before

Damn, that is sad to hear you wont be doing anymore to it, but thats cool you did more than enough to make it allot better. My only question is that does this also mean there wont be any other kind of "update" with minor fixes like working saves states or sram?

I believe he said he couldn't figure out what had broken the Sram didn;t he? If that's the case I doubt he'll be fixing that unless he gets some free time from other projects that I'm sure he's working on.

With the source availible maybe someone else will be able to figure out what happened and fix it if Ressy dosent do it first.

Tell me what i need to setup dev for the gp32 and i'll have a look if nothing more.....

You need ARM ADS 1.2 and copy of the GamePark SDK for ADS ( see file archive www.gp32x.de). ARM ADS is not free though, which has probably put most people off.

sorry for the dumb question, but where do i change the lcd type in this emulator? i've found it in every other emu or game. i also set the sound and graphic settings but i still have the white bar at the top ...

Back