Drmd Version 2.0

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 18 2005 at 08:46 PM said:
please... tell me shining force 1/2 works... I don't care if you lie, I just wanna hear the words...

I agree with DaveC and countless others- dude is the definition of l337

Yes they both work...

Well actually neither of them work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
music in Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention now works. :) The text in Super Baseball 2020 is still missing from the lower half of the screen (shows up fine on the top half). And yeah, still no Landstalker.

But anyway, great job, Reesy! You're my hero!

EDIT: Hey, you fixed the Sega logo in Flicky.. B)

Ren and Stimpy, woo!!

Just a quick question though, does anyone know if my Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 bug is fixed? I can send you a save state if needed Reesy?

Hanz™ posted on Jul 19 2005 at 12:33 PM said:
Reesy you are a star, Fantastic Dizzy now works completely.

Interesting, when I play Dizzy it runs fine for a few minutes then at random places the screen goes white and the GP32 dies, sort of like what happens when your batteries dies even though I'm running my GP32 off the mains.

@LHC: Not by accident, I've fixed a few bugs in the Cyclone core. This has fixed problems in a lot of games, I haven't tested many games so I have no idea which ones now work ( or work better ). I'll leave that to the Beta testers to find out.

@dowboy: I'm sure one of the Beta testers could check for you ( any volunteers ?)

dowboy posted on Jul 19 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
Ren and Stimpy, woo!!

Just a quick question though, does anyone know if my Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 bug is fixed? I can send you a save state if needed Reesy?

Hold on, what bug exactly?

This one.

If anyone wants to test it for me, just use the level skip:

Taken from gamefaqs.com
Level Select (When Locked-On to Sonic & Knuckles)
Start a game and go to Angel Island Zone Act 1. Go to one of the swings that you hang from and grab on. While Sonic is swinging, press Left, Left, Left, Right, Right, Right, Up, Up, Up. You will hear a ring if you entered the code correctly. Pause the game and press A to take you back to the title screen. Press Down twice to find the newly unlocked Sound Test menu. Enter it, where you can play all of the sounds/music in the game and warp to any level.

Well, both that flying-between-asteroids thing and Death Egg battle seem to work. Not that I could finish either... But that's just because I'm not perticularly good player. :)

Control-wise, I could control the flying Sonic with ease, as in it went where I wanted, usually crashing into a big rock or something, then some spaceship showed up, and I run out of rings. :)

Reesy - very impressive... Gunstar Heroes now works perfectly as you said. Thunder Force 4 also seems to work flawlessly. Target Earth is also now finally working, though I'm probably the only one who cares!

Is it just me or has there been a substantial speed increase with this beta? I was using the first stage of Sonic 3 to sorta 'benchmark' improvments to the emu. With V1 it would run about 19fps. With V2 it was up to about 25\4fps. Now with Beta 9 it's up to about 31fps consistently.

Reesy you haven't mentioned anything about improvements to the speed... would any of those bugfixes have anything to do with it? This is at 166mhz with sound down at the 8000-whatever mhz setting.

Anyone else notice speed improvements?

The speed increase is probably to do with the inclusion of the stop opcode. If the opcode is executed then cyclone knows that nothing else will happen until an interupt fires, so it stops executing opcodes and returns to the emulator. Before cyclone would have just kept on executing instructions until all of the tstates had been used.

Anyway its all good, I wonder if there are any more speed hacks that I could implement in Cyclone? I'll have to investigate if I ever get any free time.

Later

Reesy

Reesy posted on Jul 19 2005 at 08:11 PM said:
@LHC: Not by accident, I've fixed a few bugs in the Cyclone core. This has fixed problems in a lot of games, I haven't tested many games so I have no idea which ones now work ( or work better ). I'll leave that to the Beta testers to find out.
I didn't mean you were improving Cyclone by accident; I just meant we don't know exactly what will be fixed in what games, and it's interesting to find out.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 19 2005 at 08:47 PM said:
Well, both that flying-between-asteroids thing and Death Egg battle seem to work. Not that I could finish either... But that's just because I'm not perticularly good player. :)

Control-wise, I could control the flying Sonic with ease, as in it went where I wanted, usually crashing into a big rock or something, then some spaceship showed up, and I run out of rings. :)

YES YES YES YES YES!

If it's all working, the next release will be donation day from me ;)

bast525 posted on Jul 20 2005 at 07:12 AM said:
Reesy - very impressive... Gunstar Heroes now works perfectly as you said. Thunder Force 4 also seems to work flawlessly. Target Earth is also now finally working, though I'm probably the only one who cares!

Is it just me or has there been a substantial speed increase with this beta? I was using the first stage of Sonic 3 to sorta 'benchmark' improvments to the emu. With V1 it would run about 19fps. With V2 it was up to about 25\4fps. Now with Beta 9 it's up to about 31fps consistently.

Reesy you haven't mentioned anything about improvements to the speed... would any of those bugfixes have anything to do with it? This is at 166mhz with sound down at the 8000-whatever mhz setting.

Anyone else notice speed improvements?

Yes I noticed it too. Sonic 1 now runs at an average of 3 FPS faster at 144 MHz :)

Reesy posted on Jul 20 2005 at 11:31 AM said:
The speed increase is probably to do with the inclusion of the stop opcode.  If the opcode is executed then cyclone knows that nothing else will happen until an interupt fires, so it stops executing opcodes and returns to the emulator.  Before cyclone would have just kept on executing instructions until all of the tstates had been used.

Anyway its all good, I wonder if there are any more speed hacks that I could implement in Cyclone? I'll have to investigate if I ever get any free time.

Later

Reesy

Do you have any idea how many more cyclone bugs are left? You have squashed so many so far. I can't imagine there are that many more, I would think you are close to perfection now :)

The speed increase is probably to do with the inclusion of the stop opcode. If the opcode is executed then cyclone knows that nothing else will happen until an interupt fires, so it stops executing opcodes and returns to the emulator. Before cyclone would have just kept on executing instructions until all of the tstates had been used.

Later

Reesy

Oh please do! Speed increases are the thing I'm most interested in with new DrMD versions.

Oh my, just found three more games that work with the new Beta 9!

Lotus 2....WORKS!
Gods.......WORKS!! (and is beautifully fast too)
Dune : The Building of a Dynasty....WORKS!!! (at least I did not encounter the sudden bombing raid in the beginning of the game).

This emulator is really getting more and more unbelievable :D

DaveC posted on Jul 22 2005 at 02:14 PM said:
The speed increase is probably to do with the inclusion of the stop opcode.  If the opcode is executed then cyclone knows that nothing else will happen until an interupt fires, so it stops executing opcodes and returns to the emulator.  Before cyclone would have just kept on executing instructions until all of the tstates had been used.

Later

Reesy

Do you have any idea how many more cyclone bugs are left? You have squashed so many so far. I can't imagine there are that many more, I would think you are close to perfection now :)

There are loads left to clear but its getting there. I'm having a break from cyclone for a few days, I'm adding Sram support to DrMD instead :).

Back