Opensnes

blu+ mode is not okay, there is still a white bar at the very top of the screen.

Thanks for the BLU+ version :D. As mison mentioned, there is a white bar at the very top of the screen. Within this area (white bar) it seems that text is duplicated. I have also been unable to load any games in this version. These include R-Type and Gradius 3. Hope you can sort these small problems out.

:)

Maybe its because I have an old version with saves already existing, but saves dont work for me in earthbound but good stuff.

Awesome overclocked to 200. Doesn't work perfect with sound but definatly a noticable difference. contra alien wars at 166 with sound- lags and is very hard to play. contra alien wars at 200 with sound- Runs at practically full speed. good job reesy.

addition
Julius- my save states wont load either for any game.

now keep in mind that (2x)200 is the standart speed at gp2x :)
reesy, do you think you will be able to move osnes9x over to gp2x? (in case a simple snes9x port wont do)

OMG blasphemy! A SNES emulator with a Sonic icon! ;-D

Anyway, the games I tried that DO work without sound (like Zelda) run very smoothly, but with sound enabled I get very low framerates at my maximum speed of 156MHz.
The low framerate would be more bearable, though, if there weren't all those hissing and clicking noises all the time.

I found it odd that it only made a difference of around 1 FPS if I used 8bit 11KHz mono instead of 16bit 22KHz stereo. Shouldn't the performance increase be higher?

Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but with DrMD, simply downgrading the sound to 11KHz gives me a nice speed boost already on Sonic games.

Another weird thing is the auto-frameskip. Does it really work? I always thought it was supposed to increase the frameskip until the speed is 100% or nearly so. But turning the FS to 9 gives me better speed at a lower framerate than Autoskip.

Anyway, it's really good that you're working on SNES9x!

Really nice improvement.

But it seems to run considerably less stable at high clock speeds than DrMD.

My NLU runs fine at 256 in DrMD, but with openSNES anything above 236 is very unstable.
Also the savestates seem to be broken, in supermarioworld I can save but not load (not in a snes9x freeze format)

Good news: Supermarioworld runs almost at FS0 with sound (55-60fps@236mhz), but the sound is quite noisy.

Great work and with the new sound core it will be awesome ;)

Ah, I forgot to mention it:
Savestates don't work for me either. I get the same error message as Julius.

I think its important to remember that this release should essentially be the same as v3.0 released by YoyoFr with the addition of extra cpu speeds and a non working BLU+ fix.

I have made no changes to the snes emulation, I've simply got the source code to compile and it should now be able to be compiled by anyone with ADS.

Not sure why the BLU+ fix is not working its using the same settings as DrMD uses, I must have screwed up something so I'll check it over.

I can't believe it, is the same code, but working much better than before.
This version is playable enough for me, but if you can get it to run faster... will be awesome.

Back