Opensnes

R

Reesy

Hi,

I've been messing around with OpenSnes by Yoyofr, I finally got it to compile using ADS and I have added some more cpu speeds to it.

This build is not using the asm cpu core as it is not in a ADS compatible format so I'm going to need to convert it over the next few days. Once I've done this I may have a go at adding a faster spc emulator to it ( pocketspc ).

Anyway the binary is here and the source is here.

If you plan on compiling this you'll need to use the Debug release of Gamepark SDK for ADS as the release version is broken.

Later

Reesy

Reesy posted on Sep 29 2005 at 09:16 PM said:
Hi,

I've been messing around with OpenSnes by Yoyo, I finally got it to compile using ADS and I have added some more cpu speeds to it.

This build is not using the asm cpu core as it is not in a ADS compatible format so I'm going to need to convert it over the next few days. Once I've done this I may have a go at adding a faster spc emulator to it ( pocketspc ).

If you plan on compiling this you'll need to use the Debug release of Gamepark SDK for ADS as the release version is broken.

Later

Reesy
Holy Fricken cow you're even more godly than you were before. This have autoframeskip?
When I saw OS in the news section my heart nearly skiiped a beat, but I didn't knoiw it'd be this proper bo.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as know OpenSnes has always had auto frame skip. Just go to the video options and select A for the frame skip. It appears to work.

so you decided to work on it and push it to new limits? :)
would be damn cool if that gets another drmd like suprise :)

Reesy posted on Sep 29 2005 at 09:27 PM said:
As far as know OpenSnes has always had auto frame skip. Just go to the video options and select A for the frame skip. It appears to work.
0.2 didn't and it was kinda annoying since you couldn't play ff4 which had no frame limiter.

ADS = Arm Developer Suite - Code Warrior. Its the offical Arm development tool, its sort of like VC++. It makes developing very easier work, I think I might have to start using it abit more.

Reesy posted on Sep 29 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
Hi,

I've been messing around with OpenSnes by Yoyofr, I finally got it to compile using ADS and I have added some more cpu speeds to it.

Later

Reesy

Reesy, where is the source code?, the link don't work :S
Thanks Reesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD

What web browser are you using? For some reason only I.E seems to be able to download from angelfire correctly, I have no idea why.

Reesy posted on Sep 29 2005 at 09:48 PM said:
What web browser are you using? For some reason only I.E seems to be able to download from angelfire correctly, I have no idea why.

right mouse button + save as...

GREAT!!!! The emulator does not have asm core, but it runs quite well...

It would be cool to have a better SNES emulator for GP32 from Reesy ;-)

Anti posted on Sep 29 2005 at 11:40 PM said:
Reesy, where is the source code?, the link don't work :S
Thanks Reesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD

That's normal, Angelfire doesn't like direct linking to zip-files.
Just copy the link and paste it into your browser :)

Last edited:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

oh man, I'm sure many people who read this are in the process of trying to wake up, thinking its al some beautiful dream :)

way to go reesy!

Back