Experimental Blu+ Support For Osnes9xgp

Okay, here is another version. There's no more spc playing, nor MOD playing.
This version is supposed to support ZIP loading (it does on my BLU+ anyway :p ).
Those who had "Out of memory" errors should (I hope) at least be able to load unzipped ROMs.
You might have to supress previous "saved-states" (try to load them and see).

I added more overcloaking speeds. Since I can't overclock past 160 Mhz on my GP32, I couldn't test them. Could someone who can overclock higher than me try some of them ?

About a BLU+ version of osnes9xGP 0.2 : dunno. I may have a look at it (true, playing with sound is better in 0.2) , but I think I will first try to have a "working" version of 0.3.

About the source code : It will come :). When stabilized and cleaned...

View attachment 234

Khaos posted on May 22 2005 at 06:21 PM said:
Those who had "Out of memory" errors should (I hope) at least be able to load unzipped ROMs.
I'm afraid it still doesn't work :(
when loading super mario world in smc-format, i get the rom info outout:
"SUPER MARIOWORLD" [checksum ok] LoROM, 4Mbits, Type: ROM+RAM+BAT, Mode: 20, TV: NTSC, S-RAM: 2kb, ROMId: ???? Company: ??
and the horizontal bar with "Loading game..." Capture, but the Rom doesn't start :/

I really hope you can get this issue fixed :) :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, I got a GBAX 166Mhz BLU+ and Mario worked great for me, in fact I haven't had any problems at all! haven't tried this new version though, I'm gonna check up to what speed can I take my GP... (can you believe I never tried it?)
Keep on the good work Khaos, hope you keep working on this emulator after all this is fixed (I'm happy! I can play sensible soccer full speed w/o sound at 133Mhz) :p - It didn't work in Dr.MD -

Yep, zipped roms working perfectly for me now too, and no memory errors so far.

Anyone got a list of what games run full speed with sound at FS of 2 or 3? Or no a good link to one? My bad luck, all the games I'm trying are running pretty darn slow....

Khaos posted on May 22 2005 at 07:21 PM said:
Okay, here is another version. There's no more spc playing, nor MOD playing.
This version is supposed to support ZIP loading (it does on my BLU+ anyway :p ).
You might have to supress previous "saved-states" (try to load them and see).

I added more overcloaking speeds. Since I can't overclock past 160 Mhz on my GP32, I couldn't test them. Could someone who can overclock higher than me try some of them ?

About a BLU+ version of osnes9xGP 0.2 : dunno. I may have a look at it (true, playing with sound is better in 0.2) , but I think I will first try to have a "working" version of 0.3.

About the source code : It will come :). When stabilized and cleaned...

View attachment 234

Great, another wasted working day. :p

Edit: 192 works swell, which seems to be the max of my GP. SMW seems to work perfectly, atleast without sound. (I'm thinking MHZ makes little difference in the un-optimized sound... :( ) At least the difference between 166 w/sound and 192 w/sound is hardly noticeable, but w/out sound 192 runs like the real thing, much better than 166.

As for any other game... Well, the working day has been surprisingly busy...

there was a thread, someone asking about how much difference mhz makes on Osnes, and I said the same thing as you... it doesn't seem that OC'ing really high on Osnes makes a lot of difference if you turn sound on... i tried it as high as 200mhz and it was still very slow and choppy with sound.

i tried it and went back to an older version of the original v2.0, for some reason it seems to show the screen divided by black lines , every other line is blank so it looks kind of dull , i have a samsung screen , i know there are different types of screens , is there a setting added to compensate for the different screens . but i have never had problems with the original on my blu ,

magus have you tried super mario rpg or anyone tried it before because it doesnt work for me at all its going way to slow for my gp32 just wanted to know if it works at a good speed for you oh and it says to disconect a multiplayer adapter and work loed into the game at all. thanks if anyone else can help :unsure:

sicedice posted on May 26 2005 at 08:32 AM said:
i tried it and went back to an older version of the original v2.0, for some reason it seems to show the screen divided by black lines , every other line is blank so it looks kind of dull , i have a samsung screen , i know there are different types of screens , is there a setting added to compensate for the different screens . but i have never had problems with the original on my blu ,

This version of 3.0 only works on a BLU+ that is your problem, use the original version.

Back