Unofficial Opensnes9xgp V0.2 Mod For 200mhz

I just modded my Blu . (It goes to 212 now :D Before it maxed at 168 )
I did a couple of test with Snes games at 200mhz versus 166mhz.

Super Mario World :
166mhz / fs0 sound on -- 30-42 fps Average 34fps
200mhz / fs0 sound on -- 40-56 fps Average 45fps

Super Metroid :
166mhz / fs0 sound on -- 28-35 fps Average 31fps
200mhz / fs0 sound on -- 38-45 fps Average 42fps

So yes running it at 200mhz DOES make a big difference ! That's an average of 33% Faster B)

You are probably right but 200 Mhz is already useless for fGen32 that is fullspeed at 156 Mhz with fs auto and sound (I made many tests). :)

We'll see later about the z80 support. ;)

It's useful for the moment with Osnesgp 0.2, but will it be again with the 0.5 asm version?! :)

Because if the extra power won't be useful any more, we'd better play at 166 Mhz to save batteries. ;)

And it seems that developpers don't want to include 200 Mhz option, because there are a very few people who can reach it.

Osnesgp exists in 200 Mhz version only because it's open source, and someone has modified the source.

Future will tell us! :)

why not have a selector for 133,166,200??
Whats wrong with that drumaster?
You only have a 166mhz blu

I have an out of the box 184mhz from gbax!
Ill get it modded just to go hahahaha I can do 200!!!!!

(no offence was ment to anyone including drumaster :lol: Your wads are cool!!!!! where did the yall go?)

sam fisher posted on Jul 27 2004 at 08:37 PM said:
why not have a selector for 133,166,200??
Whats wrong with that drumaster?
You only have a 166mhz blu

I have an out of the box 184mhz from gbax!
Ill get it modded just to go hahahaha I can do 200!!!!!

(no offence was ment to anyone including drumaster :lol:  Your wads are cool!!!!! where did the yall go?)
There is absolutely no problem for me about frequency selector, I just said I don't think developpers will include it because there are only a few people who have a gp that can reach 200 Mhz, that's all. :)

Sam Fisher : I could mod my GP32 you know, but I don't want to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might send my one to console fix. where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads??? where can I still get all your wads???

He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. He he somewhere on a website on another galaxy. :)

Back on topic, this version of osnes9x doesn't boot any roms, with the older blu firmware and the latest one. Tried redownloading the fxe and tried on a different smc.

Back on topic, this version of osnes9x doesn't boot any roms, with the older blu firmware and the latest one. Tried redownloading the fxe and tried on a different smc.

Yeah I've had problems too. I might start poking at the code myself...if I can get it to compile.

This might be just coincidence, but the only games I could load were ones I already had a save state for.

jonjandran posted on Jul 28 2004 at 02:53 AM said:
Works perfect for me.
With the old Blu Firmware and the New 1.6.7 <_<
Perfect for me too with any fw. ;)

I know that there were 2 versions of this modified Osnesgp 0.2, have you the good one?

Mine perfectly works and has the clean icon I remade with the good gp32 palet...aaah I can't put it here to download! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that there were 2 versions of this modified Osnesgp 0.2, have you the good one?

Mine perfectly works and has the clean icon I remade with the good gp32 palet...aaah I can't put it here to download!

I believe I have the "good" version of the modified OS9x v0.2 200MHz on my website, but just in case, either post it in Beta Testing or email it to spamreceiver1@umbc.edu.

Back