Openbox Warlock Bar Bugs?

TylerAW

LibreOffice will not launch, it just says "/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/%U does not exist." However in XFCE GUI it runs just fine. (Again, sorry about all the new posts, I was going to ask around the #openpandora irc channel... but all I found were trolls in there that seemed to like making fun of people looking for help)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it doesn't deal well with parsing the command line string that makes sure that you can use LibreOffice to open files with a corresponding mime-type.

Two options: this should be fixed in Warlock Bar, or as a workaround, the run script in the LibreOffice PND could be adapted to ignore a literal "%U" argument. I had to do the same workaround in PIV to make sure it got launched right in Warlock Bar.

Looks like it doesn't deal well with parsing the command line string that makes sure that you can use LibreOffice to open files with a corresponding mime-type.

Two options: this should be fixed in Warlock Bar, or as a workaround, the run script in the LibreOffice PND could be adapted to ignore a literal "%U" argument. I had to do the same workaround in PIV to make sure it got launched right in Warlock Bar.
Is that something I can do right now? By adapted do you mean deleting the %U in the run script for LibreOffice? Or something a bit more complicated?

Is that something I can do right now? By adapted do you mean deleting the %U in the run script for LibreOffice? Or something a bit more complicated?
Unzip this into /pandora/apdata/libreoffice and it should be fixed:

libreofficefix.zip

If the %U would be removed from the PXML, the Warlock Bar problem would also be solved, but then you couldn't open LibreOffice documents directly from the file manager anymore. This solution does not remove that functionality.

Attachments

• libreofficefix.zip
    732 bytes · Views: 144

Unzip this into /pandora/apdata/libreoffice and it should be fixed:

attachicon.gif
libreofficefix.zip

If the %U would be removed from the PXML, the Warlock Bar problem would also be solved, but then you couldn't open LibreOffice documents directly from the file manager anymore. This solution does not remove that functionality.
Thank you. Also, do you happen to know why Snes9x EX keeps showing up twice in that bar each time I reset? IN the filer manager it shows 1.43 and 1.53 even though only 1.53 is installed (I had 1.43 on before briefly)

Thank you. Also, do you happen to know why Snes9x EX keeps showing up twice in that bar each time I reset? IN the filer manager it shows 1.43 and 1.53 even though only 1.53 is installed (I had 1.43 on before briefly)
Both 1.43 and 1.53 are in the same PND IIRC

So there could be a folder remaining somewhere that keeps bringing it back, even after I delete it?

It's kind of annoying that when a PND has multiple applications (e.g. System Info, which has two applications: the main one, and the log plotter), you can either put all of them on the desktop / in the launch bar, or none of them. Some more fine-grained mechanism would be nice.

TylerAW, I recommend to use Pandafe (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.pandafe) to put in your WBar -- it's a unified launcher for all emulators and native games, and it's pretty nice.

So there could be a folder remaining somewhere that keeps bringing it back, even after I delete it?
No, that one PND (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=snes9xex_ptitseb&dp=true) contains both of them.

You could install this PND instead: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus to get only 1.53.

It's kind of annoying that when a PND has multiple applications (e.g. System Info, which has two applications: the main one, and the log plotter), you can either put all of them on the desktop / in the launch bar, or none of them. Some more fine-grained mechanism would be nice.

TylerAW, I recommend to use Pandafe (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.pandafe) to put in your WBar -- it's a unified launcher for all emulators and native games, and it's pretty nice.
Sees "Pandafe" 
oh_my_god.png

Oh and thank you again, I just got that. The two PND thing I mean.

Back