Open2x Dr7 For F100 And F200

'yodaofborg' said:
Not run into any real problems with this release of Open2x, my 4GB (None SDHC) card works great now,
Hi guys, thanks for the updated release. I'm having issues with an SDHC card, made by integral. Are there known problems with some SDHC cards?

Last edited by a moderator:
'jbrodack' said:
allow skins/wallpapers for gmenu2x

or at least leave the stock gmenu2x skin and wallpapers... I'm really not a fan of yellow

'peelie' said:
'CoMiKe' said:
How does one activate usbnet from menu? (without rebooting)

Or does it have to be started on boot?
I´ve asked this in the DR6 thread, but I got no answer.

Is it possible to activate the USB network without rebooting? It was possible in the official firmware (at least in v2.1.2).

is it not under the settings for open2X? ( i can't check now since i have reverted back to stock firmware)

Hmmmm... related to the above....

I can't initiate USB<->SD card transfers.
I've selected "USB storage on boot = ON" however plugging in my USB cable does not get the GP2X's SD card showing up on my PC. Short of using an SD card reader, I've always used this as a way of getting files on to my GP2X.

Can I still do this?

'slaanesh' said:
[...]

I've selected "USB storage on boot = ON" however plugging in my USB cable does not get the GP2X's SD card showing up on my PC. Short of using an SD card reader, I've always used this as a way of getting files on to my GP2X.

Can I still do this?

According to Senor Quack:
'Senor Quack' said:
As for someone asking about using the Gp2X as a USB SD reader, I do know that doesn't work and I can't be bothered to look into it further because the GP2X's hardware is so crappy that using it as an SD reader/writer is a just plain bad idea. Just order a $3 reader from dealextreme

Just a quick note... the problems of getting Open2X (and most other firmwares) to flash were not down to my SD cards but due to the fact that some Archive Extraction programs ignore empty folders.
I've switched to using Ubuntu pretty much all the time and it seems like FileRoller does the empty folder ignoring, so all the contents of the archive were not being copied across.
I used my eeePC and 7z to extract the files and then it worked!

I want to ask if it is possible to make the installer create the empty directories, or check if they are missing and report an error so that this problem does not occur (basically it caused me to put my GP2X in what seemed like a bricked state so it's quite serious.)

EDIT: And btw This firmware KICKS ASS. This is basically what GPH should have given us in the first place...
TVOut - PAL is centred really small with GMenu2X and obviously runs at 50Hz (Any chance of a PAL60 mode?)
I managed to map the TVOut setting to fill a full NTSC screen with GMenu2X (We need a live tweak Tv app)
But on some games it resizes past the screen... hmmm.
Anyway only had a little play so far, but very impressed by how useful the new additions are! :)

'Manjuu' said:
'slaanesh' said:
[...]

Can I still do this?

According to Senor Quack:
'Senor Quack' said:
As for someone asking about using the Gp2X as a USB SD reader, I do know that doesn't work and I can't be bothered to look into it further because the GP2X's hardware is so crappy that using it as an SD reader/writer is a just plain bad idea. Just order a $3 reader from dealextreme
Oh no! I used this feature all the time. Save's removing the card in and out all the time. I might have to go back to the previous firmware. :(
For big copies, backups and stuff I used a card-reader but for little bits and pieces I always used the GP2X.

Will the magic of Open2x ever allow us to access the F200's NAND via USB, or will this always be limited to USB networking on the F100?

And a related question I guess, are F100 owners able to add themes/wallpapers using the above method?

Double post, got myself sorted. I finally learned how to use Filer2x properly, and have dropped in some new wallpaper. What a handy little app Filer2x is. The only downside is the "turn GP2X off to quit" feature, but that has been conquered by the Open2x app kill c-c-combo.

Happy days.

'xcen' said:
[...]

On that topic, can Manjuu confirm that sound playback works fine on his F200? The app runs fine, it's the audio playback that stutters...

[...]
Yes, audio playback plays properly. I didn't notice any stuttering at all.

'Gruso' said:
Double post, got myself sorted. I finally learned how to use Filer2x properly, and have dropped in some new wallpaper. What a handy little app Filer2x is. The only downside is the "turn GP2X off to quit" feature, but that has been conquered by the Open2x app kill c-c-combo.

Happy days.
Indeed, Filer2x does the job. Too bad that Section icons (aside from applications & settings) won't be loaded if the Links are saved to the SD card.

Before, aside from power cycling, you could also launch a program or a script to exit Filer2x. However, with the new app-kill feature of Open2X, exiting is now easier. :)

Take note, you might want to recreate the "nand" folder inside "/mnt/". Filer2x looks for this folder when you press Select or Start; the former will list all executable files in the SD or NAND, while the latter is to quickly jump to these directories: "/", "/mnt/sd/", or "/mnt/nand/". If it can't find the "nand" folder, it would freeze and become unresponsive. <_<

I know we're straying off topic here Manjuu, but do you know if there's a way to copy entire directories with Filer2x? Or can you only do single files? I'd like to copy the theme folder to SD for editing.

'Gruso' said:
I know we're straying off topic here Manjuu, but do you know if there's a way to copy entire directories with Filer2x? Or can you only do single files? I'd like to copy the theme folder to SD for editing.
Filer2x can't copy or move folders, just individual files. :(

You could always try the built in Enexfi. I don't know if it can do it but maybe worth a try?

Hmm, Enexfi claims to copy folders, but I'm having trouble making that work. It doesn't have access to NAND by default, but I just discovered this:

'pepone' said:
'DaveC' said:
How do you explore the NAND?
IIRC, you need to edit the .ini file and change the following line CODE
version: normal
to CODE
version: nand_access
. At least, it's how it was done in an earlier beta.

It works. (It's a bit hard to edit the .ini on the NAND, so I've got Enexfi installed separately on SD). Anyway, same boat. Browsing NAND, no copy.
[edit] I've got a solution. It's all pretty simple really, for a basic theme change you only need to replace three files: the wallpaper, topbar.png, and bottombar.png. Very easy with Enexfi. Detailed walkthrough:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47475
CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47475

'slaanesh' said:
Oh no! I used this feature all the time. Save's removing the card in and out all the time. I might have to go back to the previous firmware. :(
For big copies, backups and stuff I used a card-reader but for little bits and pieces I always used the GP2X.
Hmm, are you using an F100? I always found it easiest on my F100 to mount a shared SMB folder over USBnet and telnet in and copy files from the mounted folder to the mounted SD for quick stuff (or just run stuff over the actual SMB folder)..

If it's an F200 you are lamenting the loss of USB SD reading on, don't worry because I will try to get that working (along with F100 card reading) at some point. I just didn't have time and might not for a loooong time (until October even)

Hi,

Open2X DR 7 compatibility report:

I have two "identical" 2GB Dane-Elec SD cards, same brand, same density.

The 1st is labelled on its back: MMAGF02GWMCA-NA
D F D0P0000 833 by Korea

I used this one to flash my F200 ( B ), works if FAT 16 formatted :)

The 2nd is labelled: SD - M02G
0728 TL5332 V
MADE IN JAPAN

I used this one to flash a friend's F100 ( B ), doesn't work :(

Is it possible that results vary that much from one card to the other ? I mean, is it worth a try to flash the F100 with the card I used for the F200 and see if it works ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Hi,

I installed Open2x yesterday. I'm really impressed. It's just given a second life to my GP2X ( I wasn't using it much anymore).

Unfortunately the 8GB SD card I have been using is not recognised anymore. It's a Kingston class 4 card. The 2GB Integral card that I borrowed from my camera works fine is the upgraded GP2X.

Does Open2X only work with specific cards?
Any chance of being able to use the larger card again? (next release?)

Thanks
Jasio

Sorry if it is a boring question ; but I wondered if F100's start supporting SDHC cards after installing the Open2x ?

Back