'peelie' said:
---
TVout on PAL testing

mp2X video player
- output is shifted vertically upwards
- resume functions does not work

enefix file manager output also shifted vertically upwards
----
Newly figured it. we have to tune the tvouts on each application's own properties(when you are on a app, push the select button) .Each apps have own tv scaling options. if you try "tv x offset " and "tv y sacling " , tv tweak and scaling tweak combinations, you can fit the screen more accurately.

ah right thanks for that will try it again this w/e :)

Last edited by a moderator:
'paradroid' said:
On Gmenu2x if I set Italian language, after reboot my console turn to english language.
No one has this problem?
There is no languageoptions other than english:):) only have language names but no translate files.

CPS2EMU has a bit of garbage on the screen above the display. I use this a lot as it's nice to have the save states and a good all round emulator.
Anyway I can fix this short of using FBA2X?
Would a recompile using Open2x solve the issue?

EDIT: OH yeah, rude of me. It's excellent stuff. This is what the GP2X should have shipped with.

this is great thankyou, trying right away :)

'juanvvc' said:
'Senor Quack' said:
Furthermore, I added a new option, "Scaling Tweak" that
should be turned OFF when using LemonBoy2X. Furthermore
LemonBoy2X requires that "YUV Tweaking" be turned ON,
because it does lovely weird stuff with the YUV layers.
I'm sorry for the extra work that lemonboy caused :( I didn't own a TV when I coded lemonboy, so I didn't add TV support to the emulator. In fact, I think that TV support is commented out in the source code, because I couldn't test it. Lemonboy does fanzy things with YUV layers to have frames in 16bpp, while running games in 8bpp. I seem to think that the 8 bit mode would be more accurate and fast for games, but it isn't. My fault.

Thanks for your work on Open2x. RC4 is the firmware of my Gp2x, but unfortunately I cannot test RC7 right now (out of home for months)

Oh, it's not your fault, it's just the way these things go.

There's one thing I need your help with, Juanvvc.. I need you to help get Capex, FBA2X, and Rage2X working in TV-out mode. Under Open2X, with TV-out enabled, they all crash with a seg-fault when starting. I think I recall seeing your name on the FBA2X and capex stuff. I couldn't get in touch with Jycet, so maybe you can figure it out or at least transmit this information to Jycet :)

Glad everyone else is finding bugs. For better PAL TV-out it is now probably up to someone with a PAL tv to do some modifications to the code. It's now all in the Open2X SVN.

BTW, I'm now in beautiful Singapore and will not be thinking much of the GP2X for a while :)

'Senor Quack' said:
BTW, I'm now in beautiful Singapore and will not be thinking much of the GP2X for a while :)
Have a great time in Singapore and have a well earned rest. :D

I can´t install it.
I had FW 2.1.2 on my F100, the installation started allright, it formatted the NAND, it copied the firmware, the Done! screen appears. Now when i boot up the F100, the installation process starts all over, regardless of whether i press start+select.

It won´t install the kernel.

Nice firmware. One question though, can we expect a speedup in the applications for the GP2X, with future emulator/game releases written specifically for the Open2x firmware? (Donkey Kong Country on the snes in fullspeed, anyone?)

'gagster' said:
Nice firmware. One question though, can we expect a speedup in the applications for the GP2X, with future emulator/game releases written specifically for the Open2x firmware? (Donkey Kong Country on the snes in fullspeed, anyone?)
No. That is not how it works.

Hi,

Tried it yesterday, nice firmware, this is what I noticed which did not worked correctly :

-Temper won't launch in open2x, only in compatibility mode.
-Cps2emu with capex works great, but a little strange top bar appear in top of games.

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

'hercule18' said:
Hi,

Tried it yesterday, nice firmware, this is what I noticed which did not worked correctly :

-Cps2emu with capex works great, but a little strange top bar appear in top of games.

Bye

That's odd, I play temper all the time under Open2X ;) Maybe there was a last-minute change that altered this somehow, but I really doubt it. Check your installation! I won't be able to look into it for a month or more (in Thailand now)

'xcen' said:
Hello

Can a dev comment on the LGPT on F200 open2x situation? Are there any major differences on how audio is processed on both platform in regards to the original firmware, or in regards to F100 ?

Thanks!
On the Open2X side, there are some minor differences in the linux audio driver. But nothing that should change things from a program's perspective. I haven't a clue why it doesn't work

@Senor Quack: Have a great time over there. Take care. :)

'hercule18' said:
Hi,

Bye

Temper works correctly in mine with Open2X.

CPS2emu indeed has a problem. The screen is shifted downwards by a few pixels, causing that top bar of screen junk to appear. (Surprisingly) CAPEX isn't at fault, since the same thing would happen if CPS2emu is launched using GMenu2X's built-in selector. :(

'xcen' said:
Hello

Can a dev comment on the LGPT on F200 open2x situation? Are there any major differences on how audio is processed on both platform in regards to the original firmware, or in regards to F100 ?

Thanks!
I tried both the GP2X and the Windows version to compare; the GP2X version seems to work fine.

I have a F-200 mkI with Open2X DR7.

This firmware is absolutely brilliant! Installed it on my F200, wasn't expecting much but wow - it has made my F200 boot up in an acceptable amount of time and the GMenu integration is great.

Thankyou so much for the work done on this.

@SQ & Manjuu:

the sound started fucking up on GPH's latest firmware... but I take it it shouldn't have modified anything that would've been replaced by installing open2x, right?

On that topic, can Manjuu confirm that sound playback works fine on his F200? The app runs fine, it's the audio playback that stutters...

Thanks all for your time =) I need to figure out what's going on if I can take a shot of fixing it =)

Not run into any real problems with this release of Open2x, my 4GB (None SDHC) card works great now, and I was told on IRC (months ago) that the problem may be hard to fix. I have messed about with the tv-out tweaker with some applications, and with the right settings, I can play most SNES games just fine on my PAL-I TV now, better than I could on an actual SNES, as I can now remove borders that were forced by the hardware using TV X OFFSET and TV Y SCALING!

Much better than any of the GPH firmwares so far for me. Thanks for your efforts and your patience team.

i love all the control this gives us over our gp2x's now. great work on this.

2 things I'd like to see:

allow skins/wallpapers for gmenu2x

include the config program for gmu. while open2x now lets us emulate stick click the config program allowed us to change a bunch of options.

Back