OneNetbook OneGX

Definitely a chunky beast, but that's kind of inevitable with the TDP and battery they're claiming. The side pic is pretty clear, and what I'm not seeing is anything that looks like a secure attachment point for the "joycons". I'm wondering if they're actually going to be two separate devices that attach to the body of the handheld, or if the controller will be a single telescoping unit like this and the handheld will just sort of sit inside it.

For those wondering if they should get this or a switch pro - they're nowhere near comparable. The price on this with the specs they've revealed so far will certainly be north of $500, and likely closer to a grand.

Nice UMPC. Interested in the built-in LTE feature. I hope the final product doesn't remove it since it seems some features are gradually being thrown out when the designers encounter reality/engineers.

Glad to see there may be other options besides that red color.

Some more infos about the specs:
One-Netbook One-GX 1Pro 7-inch laptop powered by Intel Tiger Lake-Y CPUs gets leaked specs, scheduled to go up for pre-orders on May 30

Looks like the One GX will come in 2 different CPU generations. One "simple" with an Intel Core i5-10210Y and it's Intel UHD Graphics 615, which doesn't seems to be really great for gaming. The more interesting version will (later) be with the brand new Intel Tiger Lake-Y and it's Iris Plus iGPU. These should have more gaming power built in but we will see.

Some more infos about the specs:
One-Netbook One-GX 1Pro 7-inch laptop powered by Intel Tiger Lake-Y CPUs gets leaked specs, scheduled to go up for pre-orders on May 30

Looks like the One GX will come in 2 different CPU generations. One "simple" with an Intel Core i5-10210Y and it's Intel UHD Graphics 615, which doesn't seems to be really great for gaming. The more interesting version will (later) be with the brand new Intel Tiger Lake-Y and it's Iris Plus iGPU. These should have more gaming power built in but we will see.

Nice! I hope we find out more on the LTE bands this supports on May 30.

It's really hard times for a Nintendo Switch 2/Pro.
Seems like Nintendo needs to pull out something special one more time to stay relevant

Seems like Nintendo needs to pull out something special one more time to stay relevant
Nintendo has usualy the games that people want to play. You usualy need to buy a Nintendo Console first to play them, at least current games. Easy money for big N.

Last edited:
Still the cut between attaching the controllers and playing a game. That might suggest they tend to drop off pairing and need to be re-paired after being physiclally connected, or they're just hiding the fact they're using a copy of puyo pop or whatever that game is that technically they shouldn't have access to. I dunno, either way, a video from the phawx assuming he's due a prerelease of this should clear that up.

Looking at a freeze frame of that video, I think I like the keyboard layout on this one a bit better than the WinMax. Why? Mostly because Tab is in a sane position.

Yes, the keys are less than full size, but I have found I can touch type on the diminutive keyboard of the Planet Computers Cosmo relatively well, so this shouldn't be -that bad-.

Do we have anything solid-ish regarding the specs of the OneGx1? Of particular interest to me is storage (is this an M.2 drive? NVME?), does it have at least one microSDXC port? and connectivity (USB C? USB 3.0 port? HDMI? etc?)?

Lots of interesting options just over the horizon for handheld dual purpose work/play hardware.

The keyboard layouts from OneNetbook usually are better than GPDs. The P2 Max one is horrible whereas the OneMix3 one is pretty good.

For the life of me, I don't know why so many OEMs seem to vastly underestimate the importance and frequency of the apostrophe key. It is in the "Home Row" in many languages for a reason: it is used to make numerous contractions and also to make quotation marks, something that is used in almost every programming/markup language, and in frequent usage in several spoken languages as well.

All they had to do was to shrink the Enter key a bit and expand it upward toward where Backspace is, then shift Delete up to whatever that useless top-right corner key is.

The power button should be on the side, if that is the power key. If it's not, then it's probably not really necessary.

For the life of me, I don't know why so many OEMs seem to vastly underestimate the importance and frequency of the apostrophe key. It is in the "Home Row" in many languages for a reason: it is used to make numerous contractions and also to make quotation marks, something that is used in almost every programming/markup language, and in frequent usage in several spoken languages as well.

All they had to do was to shrink the Enter key a bit and expand it upward toward where Backspace is, then shift Delete up to whatever that useless top-right corner key is.

The power button should be on the side, if that is the power key. If it's not, then it's probably not really necessary.

That is how it starts...

https://liliputing.com/2020/06/lilbits-6-22-2020.html

Another interesting tidbit. 4G and maybe 5G options seem to be coming for this one.

Is there anyone on the boards here that can translate the spec sheet? I can see some 'key terms' in there, but having the additional context could be interesting.

There is an english spec sheet they published a while ago.

Generally speaking the Fashion edition they are launching which goes on pre-sale in 3 days time on Gearbest etc will use Comet Lake not Tiger Lake. It will be expensive though north of $800
The Pro edition with Tiger Lake is coming sometime in the unknown future. Probably next year as Intel hasn't even launched it yet, and the big boys (think Dell) will be the first to get supply of the chip .

Back