GPD WIN 2

I don't have the P2 Max yet, so I'm not showing anything special of their stuff at GamesCom.
The XD Plus will be there and I'll have a Win 2 and MicroPC with me if someone wants to see it, but that's it.

I'm a bit disappointed, I'm not getting much support from GPD here in Germany.
They didn't even let me know they're at the IFA, I've found out here at the boards...

I've offered them to help at IFA, as I can help translating German to English if someone comes there and asks, but the only result was that I translated the short description of their company into German and they are fine if I visit their booth...

GPH were thankful when I helped them and tried to support me as good as possible (paying for advertising, sending me prototypes up front so I could test them, give feedback and put preorders early in the shop), but it seems GPD just wants to sell their stuff and that's it. They don't even care if chinese companies sell their handhelds on Amazon.de for a price I can't compete with (as they often sell illegally without charging VAT). It's their brand, they can close such offers.

I know from a large European distributor that this is a typical issue with chinese manufacturers though - and they only agree to sell their product if they have the management of the brand name for amazon Europe, so they can stop these things from happening.

So yeah, I can't show the P2 Max at GamesCom sadly, and while I'd love to help out GPD to increase sales in Germany, it seems they're not interested. :(

Who is your contact at GPD, do you speak with Wade the CEO directly?

I can speak to them if you like and try to get you a P2 Max to show at Gamescom

Last edited:
I did speak with them and they told me they will get one of their reps to contact ED.

That said, there is a reason they are going to IFA and not Gamescom. as they told me, basically they see IFA as a better fit for them overall. While the WIN 2 and XD are good fits for Gamescom, the P2 Max and Pocket 2 are not good fits for Gamescom.
Which is probably why they haven't pushed to get a P2 Max at Gamescom somehow

Yes, they replied to me, they heard I want to help them get into the European market... well, it's not like I told them a couple of times already ;)

It's too late for IFA anyways now. I could've been there to help them talk to German customers, etc., but now I've got other plans and can't go there anymore.

So I guess they can only help english speaking visitors now :/

Thats a bit Sad, but whell, they had theyre chance..
On the Other Side: A GPD Booth at the IFA whould be a great oportunity to smuggle a Pyra Prototyphe to the Confention and mybe gets this way a big story for the German News Papers (as long its not BILD).. "This Long Haired Nerd whants to Sell a DS Clone whit a Pyracy OS, shall Merkel be worryd ??"

Lol, and you just noticed this weird behaviour (thing) just now from them?
Me? No, I knew that kind of things from long time ago. But usualy, the chinese are capable of learning quick and I think, GPD is actualy good enough to understand the foreign market outside of China and it's needs. I was more surprised that GPD are also suffering from this weird culture clash differences.

GPD do reach out to the community for help. For example when they went to the Expo in Russia (SVIAZ or something), they reached out to me to find a russian speaker that could help them. I was able to find a russian member in the gpd_devices discord community that then helped them. When they go to Japan, I know they also have help from locals. So maybe they have someone that is helping them at IFA

Well, I've offered them help various times and I'm the official distributor.
Of course it's also in my interest to increase sales, it's a win for both.

And then they don't even tell me they're going to IFA (I found it out via this thread), and when I offer to help there, they tell me it's okay to visit their booth at some time... oh boy :/

Well, I've offered them help various times and I'm the official distributor.
Of course it's also in my interest to increase sales, it's a win for both.

And then they don't even tell me they're going to IFA (I found it out via this thread), and when I offer to help there, they tell me it's okay to visit their booth at some time... oh boy :/

I'll mention it to them so it can possibly happen for next time.

I believe you speak with Alice at GPD who is responsible for GPD resellers around the world, she manages the resellers and ensures they get stock etc.
However, the person that organises Expo's etc is their marketing manager YYANG . He is the person that would have been best to speak to in regards to this. I will mention it to him so hopefully next year you guys can collab on IFA next year.
For what it's worth I also hope you guys can arrange something for Gamescom if they don't go again - at least in the sense of providing you with their latest stuff to show there

Gamescom is too late, all materials are printed and we're leaving tomorrow.
It starts on Tuesday.

Well, even if Alice is handling sales, everyone should know about their distributors in various countries and support them.

There's a lot of other things, for example, there are tons of chinese sellers listing the GPD devices for way too little money (because they illegally work around import taxes).
This should not happen, they should either take care of that themselves or let the distributor handle their brand.

Thats how these things usually work, otherwise,you wont get a lot of sales from the official distributor.

Back