Odroid-Go Advance

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I really liked the ODROID-GO as a handheld... It's just a shame it was a little underpowered (and I found it pretty difficult to develop for).

It reckons it can do SNES... which means hopefully a NeoGeo Pocket Color emu... Colour me interested!

Edit: I hadn't watched the video, or even really read any specs when I wrote that... Looks like it boots Linux, which is a little disappointing in one way. I liked the fast booting of the embedded ESP32 design.
I'm going to assume you need to "clean shutdown" this device too...

Last edited:

kamui_kun

I wonder if there's a quick pause function like on the Odroid GO, it was my favorite feature compared to other cheap handhelds.
I didn't like the screen on the GO, so I hope it will be better here.

ThinkPad

Very Active Member
This will be superior to the current MIPS consoles.
The only advantage that RG350 have is the dual analog stick and this is questionable because the left stick of the RG350 is above the D-pad.

I hope HardKernel will make a dual analog version.

zoranc

320x480 resolution is really nice! Makes integer number scaling of the GBA and Lynx resolutions possible.

Now if the key and d-pad are really good that'd be my favored emu console. Hard to get Nintendo level of quality on those. So far only Pandora managed that.

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
320x480 resolution is really nice! Makes integer number scaling of the GBA and Lynx resolutions possible.
Well the screen resolution is my main grip with that device. The CPU is a very powerful and should allow to drive way a larger resolution (pyra HD screen would make more sense with that powerful CPU)
A larger resolution would allow way more games playable on the device, while the current one will limit the device to emulate old machine and that's it.
A game like "TuxRacer" would easily run on that RK3326 CPU, but wont on the Odroid-go Advance because of that so low resolution