Odroid-T Seems To Have Nice Specs And About To Be Released In June ...

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
I got informed about odroid recently on some other board but it seems like a nice device.

odroid-T is comming out shortly i believe somewhere in june, which is a nice android based os device but is fully open and has nice specs :

http://dev.odroid.com/projects/odroid/wiki/HardwareInformation

http://dev.odroid.com/projects/linux is the linux project

I've never heard of an "Odroid-T" variant, but there have been many Odroid threads (even some reviews).

i heared about odroid-t here : http://groups.google.com/group/odroid-developer-discuss/browse_thread/thread/ae4339d310e3feb4#

Doesn't look very good.
It would suck if you purchased an Odroid a few months back....

Enh.. at least Odroid was attempting to be a gaming handheld.. I don't think we need yet another entry in the tablet bandwagon, especially something with sub-standard specs.

Eh, pretty weak specs. I hope when the OMAP 4 comes out someone does something like this with it. ARM already uses so little power why not use a more powerful ARM chip. This is one reason I'm getting the Pandora, it doesn't skimp in that regard. When someone makes an open powerful ARM tablet I might get one but until then I'll hold off on one.

second exodous said:
Eh, pretty weak specs. I hope when the OMAP 4 comes out someone does something like this with it. ARM already uses so little power why not use a more powerful ARM chip. This is one reason I'm getting the Pandora, it doesn't skimp in that regard. When someone makes an open powerful ARM tablet I might get one but until then I'll hold off on one.

More powerful ARM is not easily available, in particular not to some tiny Korean firm.

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:

The prices and development costs are crazy. Even if the OMAP4 was available you're looking at months, or years, to get stable software running.

The Pandora and beagle board only became what I would call stable and fully working in the last 4 months. That's 2 years after ES of the OMAP3 was available.

The OMAP4 is even more complex so it's going to be a weird couple of years to come with that.

craigix said:
second exodous said:

The prices and development costs are crazy. Even if the OMAP4 was available you're looking at months, or years, to get stable software running.

The Pandora and beagle board only became what I would call stable and fully working in the last 4 months. That's 2 years after ES of the OMAP3 was available.

The OMAP4 is even more complex so it's going to be a weird couple of years to come with that.
But do you think the 'ball is rolling'? By that I mean the number of developers and hackers working on the OMAP3 because of the beagle board, quite a few now where not many at first, will move to a OMAP4 development platform?

As far as Linux goes it was pretty weak on ARM until the Beagle Board wasn't it?

549$ according to the store http://www.hardkernel.com/store.php . Way too much IMHO, although it's technically the most advanced android tablet (1Ghz CPU, Multitouch touchscreen) which seems currently available.

Hey neat, something that has an S5PC110 and isn't a Samsung product. I wonder if you can order these outside of Korea.

Back