ODROID-Go Super (Nintendo-Switch-lite clone)

ible

professional vim user
starting in January 2021:

this would be very tempting if the pyra wasn't coming out. still pretty tempting as my kid is starting to get to the age where this would be something he could play with...

The system features a 1.3 GHz Rockchip RK3326 quad-core ARM Cortex-A35 processor with ARM Mali-G31 MP2 graphics and 1GB of DDR3L memory. There’s a small amount of built-in storage for a bootloader, but the ODROID-GO Super is designed to use a microSD card for storage.

Other features include a mono speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB 2.0 host port, a 4,000 mAh battery, and a DC jack for a 5V/1.5A power supply.

looks like WiFi/BT connectivity will be via a separate USB stick, but it doesn't look like it will be present with the console.

Odd that they would omit the WiFi/BT when that got added to the Advance.

I like the fact they "fixed" the SD card slot, but otherwise it seems like a bit of a downgrade, and still no TV out.

It's the mono speaker that disturbs me, but overall, it's a cheap and sexy device.

Maybe it's me, but I don't see a problem with that. As both speakers would be fairly close together, it's not like you'd really notice the left/right pans.
It'd be different if the earphones were mono, as they are noticeably left/ right, but they won't be

Yeah, it seemed faintly ridiculous to me when Nintendo added a second speaker to their GameBoy Advance line of devices. I mean, it's unlikely to hurt and sometimes you can fill out the body of a tune better with two speakers than one which is doing all of the work, but in terms of stereo separation it seemed entirely pointless.

That litiputing article says it has:
Code:
support for faster UWB WiFi+ Bluetooth.
. That doesn't sound like an omission. What have you heard?

I wouldn't call that good. At a handheld length you'd need a device about two feet wide (60cm) to appreciably be able to separate sounds I believe, and I don't think it's that wide.

@EvilDragon may correct me as he knows a bit about audio, but the ideal speaker positioning with the head is 30° 30° 30°, aka an equilateral triangle.
So we would be almost perfect here as this device is large.

UWB is a communication standard. Perhaps it's a three element list entirely missing its commas.

But yeah, it does say 'support', which doesn't guarantee you don't need to buy a stick to put in it.

looks like you can preorder on ameridroid:

the color choice for me was clear...

i did get one of these, it's pretty fun:
still have to figure out the controls a bit.

for some reason my SNES roms aren't showing up (despite me putting them in the roms/snes directory that it came with).

Interested in this but need to figure out where I can order it from the EU. I don't think I'd use it that much but since the price isn't super high I feel like it'd be nice to support a company that actually put work into an original device rather than just clones.

for some reason my SNES roms aren't showing up
I believe it uses the same OS images as the OGA, so I'd be surprised if something was broken... however, whats the file extension of your files? IIRC, I think I had to mod the Emulation Station systems.cfg file to fix finding my Megadrive roms

I have all the roms but held off on the Go Advance as I heard that the buttons wear very quickly. I will wait for the reviews before thinking of buying.

Back