Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

No longer interested in shield fancy the next generation nexus 7

Liking the new Nexus7 second generation tablet Snapdragon soc Quad core krait processor 1.9ghz Adreno 320 gpu 560 mhz 2 gig of memory 16/32 gig of storage slimport so hdmi out through adaptor to the big screen 1920 x 1200 resolution screen 5mp rear camera 1.2 mp front camera Android 4.3 limepie Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC enabled· LTE/WCDMA/GSM support some specs for a device reportedly under £200.

^ Worst kept secret - specs , photos and pricing already out.  I think it's $229 in the US.

Anyway, I think the Shield will have a niche in the market. It will interesting to see how Android gaming pans out. So far it looks bright.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Worst kept secret - specs , photos and pricing already out.  I think it's $229 in the US.

Anyway, I think the Shield will have a niche in the market. It will interesting to see how Android gaming pans out. So far it looks bright.
Yes and id swear by adreno before nvidia anyday also snapdragon 600 trounced a15 in head to head so you get an hd display hdmi out capability and all the usual quirks and more transportable would rather carry this and a ds3 than shield

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think this unit is just made to sell the Tegra4. With past Tegra chips nVida held the market for fast chips in the mobile market but it is a different story today. They seem to want to push their chips with optimized games and if this sells well enough more games will get optimized for their latest chip therefor they'll have more sells as it is put in more mobile devices because of that. I really don't think nVida is expecting to compete with phones or even Nintendo and Sony here, they just want to sell enough to get the Tegra4 noticed by manufactures of phones.

was looking for a way to get more than 64GB of storage for this (roms/videos) found this

http://dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001

additional picture

http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-eeepad-transformer-prime/149001-sd-microsd-converter.html

people have confirmed it will work with 128GB full sized sd cards, and it's pretty cheap as well so I ordered 2

the cable looks to be long enough that it can be taped/velcro'd to the bottom of the device, looks like a halfway decent solution.

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling now about this Shield. Perhaps it was the problems I had with customer service. They do not seem to be very informed. :huh:   

A bit nervous about getting it. :wacko:

Last edited:
woot shield next gen already?

:( sad... coz i already preorder shield for 31 july :angry:

woot shield next gen already?

:( sad... coz i already preorder shield for 31 july :angry:
This is EVERY electronic device isn't it?

I doubt they will add any new chip sets to the shield within the first year, if at all(depending on how well it does). Doesn't every phone and tablet get a new version every year? The minute any device is announced, the new version is being worked on behind the scenes.

Only gaming consoles and handhelds really work any differently, and that's only because that is the way that industry has always been. 

Chris

I'm very excited for the shield in it's current form, but that mobile kepler looks really really good on paper an in demo

hopefully shield doesn't die off before it gets a chance to house one  :unsure:

So how many of you guys/gals still have your preorders in place? Is everyone still planning tomorrow(or soon)? 

I never placed a preorder, but I'm very interested for sure. I'm waiting to see how the reviews go, but I'm sure I'll be grabbing one sooner, than later.

Chris

I thought there would have been some reviews by now, but I guess not(maybe later today).

Chris

Back