Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

Hmm, I wonder how much this is going to cost them.  They would have had all the units built , boxed and ready for sale. Now they have to fix them . That's going to cost big time.
All depends on just how many they're moving. Do you have any idea if we're talking something like tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands?

^ Even 10's of thousands would be expensive to recall and fix.  I doubt we will find out how many it was, but it would have been a number considering it would include all the pent up pre-orders and retail launch stock.  If I was guessing , I'd say probably about 60 - 200,000 somewhere in that range.

1 day before it went for sale at retail, must have been a significant issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
defect in a "mechanical component" that wasn't apparent in the pre-production models. Could be anyone's guess, there's several moving parts on the shield and we'll never know officially which one specifically was dorked up... 

we haven't really heard much about the internal fan or even the fact that it has one... but in 1 video interview one nvidia demo guy made a comment about it when it turned on and the reviewer said he thought that might have been a fan kicking in.

That's my guess on what wasn't perfect, complete speculation obvioulsy

What's irritating me is that *some* have made it out the door for press release.

I'm fine with a delay but the fact that some are getting one, and others not is starting to piss me off.

What's irritating me is that *some* have made it out the door for press release. I'm fine with a delay but the fact that some are getting one, and others not is starting to piss me off.
I am irritated. They say patients is a virtue. i just wonder exactly when in July they plan to ship? I do not want to call Nvidia again. <_<

Funny I had a gut feeling there would be a delay.

Last edited:
Probably better to wait and get something that has no issues, rather than get something now that you will eventually need to do an RMA on.

Newegg has a release date of 7/31. Not sure if that's a release date or just a place holder but either way they threw me  a $10 gift card for the delay which was cool of them.

Newegg has a release date of 7/31. Not sure if that's a release date or just a place holder but either way they threw me  a $10 gift card for the delay which was cool of them.
Yep there web site says shipping for pre orders is the end of July. :angry:   :(   :mellow:

Last edited:
I also called Nvidia and they confirmed end of July. 

Last edited:
Could you imagine, something like Shield getting iCP2'd? The repercussions would be dire for nVidia..

Of course there's no way something like that could happen.

just delayed like the ICP2? or the full ICP2 experience?

Infinitely pushed back with virtually zero communication, and when communication is there it's completely unrelated to the product that is pushed back? Like selling chocolate etc etc.

That would actually be hilarious if it happened. Give the people bitching something to actually complain about. Think they're freaking out now.... boy howdy

^ LOL, That would be hilarious.  

Would be awesome press news:

"No one knows where the Shield is - but you can get chocolate instead"

I am going to w&s....wait and see. I always am the first one to pre order gadgets before they really circulate and get popular . Sometimes that can be a mistake. This time I am going to wait until it is out for a few months or so.If all goes well with it then I will buy one from my local video game shop.

It does look awesome though.

Last edited:
Back