Release Not Tetris

Do you know what version you use?

On the Official Page they call it "Not Tetris 2"

Could you check if the sources are more recent there?

At least they talk about different colored bricks.

Also one picture doesn't look familiar to me.
Last time I checked, it was the latest sources (there is no Not Tetris 1 AFAIK), but I'll recheck.

Yes, it can get very slow ontothe Pandora, especialy ontothe CC Pandora. I guess it has no HW acceleration for the physics?
Yep, no HW acceleration there, and no NEON (asside what the compiler can put). I'll have to do some profiling while playing... The Box2D physics seems heavy when a lot of things are on the screen.
Any chance to squeeze out some more performance? At least onto an CC Pandora is't not really playable if half the screen is full of elements and start moving, even when I OC my Pandora.  :( The game itself would be actualy great to play onto the Handheld.
Hum, Not sure on what is slowing things down, so I first profile and get a good idea on what is slow. After that, I'll can try some optimisations.

In fact, before messing with Box2D, why not just use LuaJIT instead of Lua :)

This build 04 seems much faster to me (I tried on Gigahertz and CC). What do you think?

Build 04

----------

• Recompiled Löve 0.7.2 with LuaJIT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested it in minimenu and at 700MHz and the game indeed seems to run faster. Still slowdowns when alot happens on screen but pretty playable. Actualy it runs almost to fast at level 0 now, my record sank from over 4k average points to 900... :D maybe the fall speed game speed is connected to the game speed? Or maybe I was just good in this game because it ran so slow at first. XD

I tested it in minimenu and at 700MHz and the game indeed seems to run faster. Still slowdowns when alot happens on screen but pretty playable. Actualy it runs almost to fast at level 0 now, my record sank from over 4k average points to 900... :D maybe the fall speed game speed is connected to the game speed? Or maybe I was just good in this game because it ran so slow at first. XD
Yep, spped seems fine to me now, even on a CC (it's overclocked to 800MHz). But yeah, not an easy game!

Liking the speed. Not sure if better or worse for scores.

Downloaded nubnub, c4a manager, and not Tetris to a fresh card and was finally able to post a score from nub nub. Got all excited, played a round of Not Tetris, got 15k, got even more excited. . . no post to c4a. :-[

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Thanks for keeping up the work on this game. So fun.

Liking the speed. Not sure if better or worse for scores. Downloaded nubnub, c4a manager, and not Tetris to a fresh card and was finally able to post a score from nub nub. Got all excited, played a round of Not Tetris, got 15k, got even more excited. . . no post to c4a. :-[ Oh yeah, almost forgot. Thanks for keeping up the work on this game. So fun.
I tried on a CC for c4a (the Alexandre score), and it worked, so that strange. May be there are some hints in the pndrun_nottetris.out file?

Liking the speed. Not sure if better or worse for scores. Downloaded nubnub, c4a manager, and not Tetris to a fresh card and was finally able to post a score from nub nub. Got all excited, played a round of Not Tetris, got 15k, got even more excited. . . no post to c4a. :-[ Oh yeah, almost forgot. Thanks for keeping up the work on this game. So fun.
I tried on a CC for c4a (the Alexandre score), and it worked, so that strange. May be there are some hints in the pndrun_nottetris.out file?
I would guess the problem is on my side somewhere, but pndrun.out is below if you have the time to look.

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/menu/nottetris.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/appdata/nottetris
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/nottetris"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/appdata/nottetris=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/nottetris=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/nottetris"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/nottetris:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
System check
============
Freememory is 388
Cpu Speed is 900
Sys Speed is 332
nubs as absolute absolute
libGL: built on May 29 2014 17:54:59
libGL: framebuffer output enabled
LIBGL: Current folder is:/mnt/utmp/nottetris
Warning, quality setting failed! (Result: buffers: 0, samples: 0)
number of joysticks 2
sh: ./sc: Permission denied
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/nottetris': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

I would guess the problem is on my side somewhere, but pndrun.out is below if you have the time to look.

PND : /media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/menu/nottetris.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/appdata/nottetris
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/nottetris"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PAND_MEDIA/pandora/appdata/nottetris=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/nottetris=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/nottetris"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/nottetris:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
System check
============
Freememory is 388
Cpu Speed is 900
Sys Speed is 332
nubs as absolute absolute
libGL: built on May 29 2014 17:54:59
libGL: framebuffer output enabled
LIBGL: Current folder is:/mnt/utmp/nottetris
number of joysticks 2
sh: ./sc: Permission denied
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/nottetris': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3
Hmmm, wait, that "permission denied" on the ./sc is not good! I have to repackage nottetris :(

I was able to play and submit score on my side because it's "me", the sc had executable right only for the owner...

New package coming (very) soon.

So, new build with fixed c4a. Sorry for the frustration it may have give (but at least I'm first on c4a, for a few minutes :p )

Build 05

----------

• Fixed c4a score upload

I tried the faster version now.

It's a lot more fun that way.

On my test I reached the highest score I ever had: 12000 with more than 150 lines.

Was a local test, so no c4a for me.

And I'm pretty sure I will not get that score again...

EDIT:

At least I didn't notice slowdowns.

15K ?!?!  :eek:  Wow, yo u are definitely OVER 9000!!!  :D   Damn, my 4k score feels like nothing now, the newer 900-ish score because of the "new speed" is even worse. Now I HAVE to play this game seriously! :p

EDIT:

At least I didn't notice slowdowns.
What Pandora do you use actualy? Classic, Rebirth or GHz?

Updated the C4A support to use the --cache parameter, so result are saved if offline (and uploaded at next upload of any score using Fusilli client)

Build 06
-----------

• Using Fusilli client from Ziz, with cached upload

New build, with updated Fuzilli client

Build 07

-----------

• Updated Fusilli client from Ziz, with fixed cached upload for large cache

New build, anti flooding the c4a server.

Build 08

-----------

• Improved C4A using newest fusilli client: only best scores of the session will be send

Back