Nk Qtopia For Gp2x

Anhaedra posted on Mar 9 2006 at 11:12 AM said:
Both Qtopia and usbnet_on crash for me. Qtopia crashes to the menu, and usbnet_on hangs on a black screen. Help?

update kernel with included image. (gp2xkernel.img)

qtopia need a network support function in kernel, but official firmware don't have it.
so you have to recompile kernel or use Network(RNDIS) support kernel.

Last edited by a moderator:
prodo posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:23 AM said:
Anhaedra posted on Mar 9 2006 at 11:12 AM said:
Both Qtopia and usbnet_on crash for me. Qtopia crashes to the menu, and usbnet_on hangs on a black screen. Help?

update kernel with included image. (gp2xkernel.img)

qtopia need a network support function in kernel, but official firmware don't have it.
so you have to recompile kernel or use Network(RNDIS) support kernel.

I already did that. It still doesn't work.

prodo: Do you know why the joystick/buttons aren't working for me in the main screen? It worked until I tried to install Opera.

Where should the Qtopia files go? I have them in a folder called Qtopia which is in the root dir. I've installed the networking kernel and I still have problems. In short, "Wtf?"

Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 8 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
ok got the connection between the gp2x and a windows pc working on my laptop with xp pro (is it also possible to do this on a linux pc?)
but couldnt get internet working, since i cant share the connection i have..

Don't know if it work under linux, did not tried it.No shared connection, no internet like we say in France no arms no chocolate. ;)

Zero3K posted on Mar 8 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
hercule18: I followed your guides and now Qtopia launches, but then freezes at the main screen.

Wihout my guide does your Qtopia has ever launched?When you modified the gpu file, you removed the commentaries did you? ("---> here" or "<---here" or "----") if not: do it.

Anhaedra posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:12 AM said:

same qestion as for Zero3k

timbobsteve posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:19 AM said:
Does usb ppl are talking about require some sort of breakout box, or is it just the usb cable from GP2X -> PC like normal?

Like normal

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Anhaedra posted on Mar 9 2006 at 03:06 AM said:
Where should the Qtopia files go? I have them in a folder called Qtopia which is in the root dir. I've installed the networking kernel and I still have problems. In short, "Wtf?"

In the root of the nand or the SD?

Bye

hercule18 posted on Mar 9 2006 at 07:07 AM said:
Anhaedra posted on Mar 9 2006 at 03:06 AM said:

In the root of the nand or the SD?

Bye

The root of the SD.

hercule18 posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:05 AM said:
hercule18: I followed your guides and now Qtopia launches, but then freezes at the main screen.

Wihout my guide does your Qtopia has ever launched?When you modified the gpu file, you removed the commentaries did you? ("---> here" or "<---here" or "----") if not: do it.

Yes, before I used your guides, it worked fine. And, I did remove the commentaries.

marco0551 posted on Mar 9 2006 at 05:08 PM said:
Bricked after installing the usb drivers...

Weird as the usb drives does not impact the gp2x but windows i really doubt usb drivers bricked your GP2x.May be you mean the NetworkKernel Flash.

herc. :ph34r:

Zero3K posted on Mar 9 2006 at 04:28 PM said:
hercule18 posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:05 AM said:

Yes, before I used your guides, it worked fine. And, I did remove the commentaries.

Ok, so the only thing which could crash your qtopia at this time is the modification done on the qtopia.gpu file.

So to start from a good base for those it did not work i think you should remove the directory where you installed qtopia and and opera for qtopia.

1-Once done get the qtopia archive put all the files of your archive in a folder called Qtopia in your SD.

2-once done pick-up Opera4Qtopia

3-Put the Opera4Qtopia folder (which is in the archive) @ the root of your SD.
in your SD in the folder Qtopia rename qtopia.gpu in qtopia.old and put the qtopia.gpu which is in the archive in this folder.

Like this if you to come back you just have to delete qtopia.gpu provided in archive and rename qtopia.old in qtopia.gpu.

run qtopia and with the file manager in /mnt/sd/Opera4Qtopia/bin run opera

Bye

Well, that still doesn't help. I think it might be the USB networking drivers.

EDIT: After a few minutes of being frozen, it crashes and goes back to the GP2X Menu Screen.

EDIT #2: Strange, It works now...

Zero3K posted on Mar 9 2006 at 06:22 PM said:
Well, that still doesn't help. I think it might be the USB networking drivers.

EDIT: After a few minutes of being frozen, it crashes and goes back to the GP2X Menu Screen.

EDIT #2: Strange, It works now...

good news so now you have opera working?

bye

Hi,

I made an img of Qtopia including Opera.

You can get it Here.

rename the orginal qtopia.img in qtopia.old just in case and put the downloaded file in your

Qtopia folder.

Make a copy of qtopia.gpu and the edit qtopia.gpu

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# setting QT/Qtopia env...
export LOGNAME=root
export HOME=/root
export QPEDIR=/opt/Qtopia
export QTDIR=$QPEDIR
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QPEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$QPEDIR/bin:$PATH
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="USB GP2X"
export OPERA_DIR=/opt/Qtopia/opera_dir   <----- add this line

# mount Qtopia image
modprobe cramfs.o
mkdir -p $QPEDIR
mount -t cramfs -o loop qtopia.img $QPEDIR

# prepare /tmp directory...
rm /tmp/qtembedded* -rf
chown root.root /tmp

# run...
cd $HOME
qpe-reorgfiles
qpe -qws

# umount
umount $QPEDIR

# terminated...
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

then run qtopia and you'll have an icon opera in the applications.

bye

Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 8 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
ok got the connection between the gp2x and a windows pc working on my laptop with xp pro (is it also possible to do this on a linux pc?)
but couldnt get internet working, since i cant share the connection i have..
HI,

Just made it working under Linux.And it work better than under windows.No need of rndis
drivers.

but the shared connection is a little more tricky.

bye

hercule18: Thanks for making that image. Anyways, when I try to ping an IP address through the Terminal in Qtopia, Windows gives me an IP address conflict message. Do you know how to fix that?

Good, getting closer. When I launch the Qtopia .gpu with the .IMG file you posted, I get a black screen that the GP2X hangs at. At least it launches. Any ideas why?

My qtopia folder is under the root directory, and my Opera4Qtopia folder is under root as well. (I mean root of the SD)

Anhaedra posted on Mar 10 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
Good, getting closer. When I launch the Qtopia .gpu with the .IMG file you posted, I get a black screen that the GP2X hangs at. At least it launches. Any ideas why?

My qtopia folder is under the root directory, and my Opera4Qtopia folder is under root as well. (I mean root of the SD)

does your qtopia folder is named Qtopia or qtopia? then the opera4qtopia is not needed anymore as i done an image of qtopia including opera.

look @ here

bye

Herc .:ph34r:

Zero3K posted on Mar 9 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
hercule18: Thanks for making that image. Anyways, when I try to ping an IP address through the Terminal in Qtopia, Windows gives me an IP address conflict message. Do you know how to fix that?

give me your ip addresses on pc (gp side and the others) and the gp one, i think it won't be very hard to help you

Bye

Back