Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Have they got around the problem of OLEDs dimming as they're used, over the long term? Might affect blue OLEDs most, but I've a limited test sample so I don't really know. But it puts me off the idea of an OLED based game console, because I know that TFT LCDs work reliably for decades.

Have they got around the problem of OLEDs dimming as they're used, over the long term? Might affect blue OLEDs most, but I've a limited test sample so I don't really know. But it puts me off the idea of an OLED based game console, because I know that TFT LCDs work reliably for decades.
I was wondering about the same question.

I guess if that wasn't a concern anymore, they wouldn't have started producing uLEDs in spite of still immature production processes and low yields.

I bought Cooking Simulator for Switch because it was cheap and popular. After playing some of the cooking school section, I have an opinion about this game. A game's controls can be in one of three ranges. "Automatic", where everything is done for you, "Fair", where you get appropriate challenge, and "YouTube", where everything's just meant to be silly. This game is clearly in the third range.

To be fair, I can't get actual cooking to work either. The way they just plow the knife straight through stuff is weird. I'm always having to saw things.

Well the last simulator of this type i had on the Switch was the Houseflipper, where you have to clean and renovate houses..
worked quite good and was fun..

I wonder when the Switch OLED will be available for Preeorder on Amazon Germany, its currently out of stock..
maybe its allready bought by peaple who want to sell it for twize the price but then it was maybe 4 Hours for Sale..

Amazon Germany now got the Switch OLED available to Preeorder (349 € Including VAT) but i get Errors every time i want to preeorder..
seems like there are to many peaple wanting to buy one (or multible for reselling)..

I have more money left over than usual this week, because my dad paid for my birthday meal, so I was looking at Switch games. According to Metacritic though, Mario Golf: Super Rush and New Pokémon Snap both suck. I think I'll wait patiently for now.

I have a huge Switch backlog anyway. Disgaea 6 and SMT: Nocturne are the most recent, but I still have epic games like Xenoblade 2 in there too.

I was just reminding myself how much I hate Switch. Specifically, I hate its adoption of the standard controller layout. In case you never counted, each side of Switch has four face buttons, a plus/minus button, a home/share button, a clickable stick, two top triggers, and two side triggers, for a total of 22 buttons. I do like how it demonstrates that there are multiple paths to success though. The N64 controller required three hands, the Wii required one, and the Switch is back to requiring three if you use the touchscreen. :p

The N64 controller's stick was in line with the thumb - stretching the thumb translated to straight up. I miss that on all other controllers.

Last edited:
Yeah, um, sorry about that rant earlier. I haven't been feeling well for a while. The staff here thinks it might be the Rexulti they put me on.

I was looking for opinions on a Switch game, actually. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. It's on PS4 and Steam too. Anyone here tried it yet?

Going by Metacritic scores, it might the best Ace Attorney game ever, which is weird because I thought everyone hated Shu Takumi after Apollo Justice.

I ended up buying it and finishing the first case. First case alone, one day trial, no investigation period, drained my Switch battery to 34%, so this might be one I have to play docked.

Ultimately it's not the most satisfying first case either, because they're clearly holding back stuff for later in the game. This has been the trend since the first Edgeworth game though.

Why does Hosonoda keep bleeding from his mouth? And just what is behind Brett's mask? The world may never know.

I wonder if there are allready some supplys for the Switch OLED, i would like to have a Case which gos only around the Tablett Part so the Display is save when i put the Switch in my Bag..

Only 3 Months (tm) to go..

Repost:

E7QuPdiXMAUc36e.jpg

Back