Just Got A Nintendo Wii


Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,730
Age
34
Location
Hildesheim, Germany.
Website
Visit site
I got a Wii this morning. It was quite exciting, but in the end i got the third of 12. Wii Sports and Play totally Rock, not sure which game to get next.
 

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
5,762
Age
34
Location
Germany
Website
Visit site
got mine about 8 1/2hours ago, the experience was great, tons of people waiting and then rushing the store as it opened :)
I picked up zelda rayman and wiiplay, zelda and wiiplay are great fun didnt play rayman yet.
 

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,730
Age
34
Location
Hildesheim, Germany.
Website
Visit site
Heh, yesterday the Toy section manager of the department store told me that the doors to the parking garage were going to be opened a bit sooner. So when it got really crowded at the main entrance, me and two other guys i got to know there entered from that side. It thurned out they opened the door 4 minutes sooner. :lol: I already had my Wii when the angry mob was rushing up the stairs :p
 

carlgeorge

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
689
Age
42
Location
Tasmania
Website
Visit site
Well I should have mine now, but Amazon's courier 'City Link' have cocked-up.

In fact Amazon's phone lines currently say something like "If you are calling about delivery of your Wii, please have a look at your account delivery information online."

This has obviously affected a lot of people to warrant putting that on the phone message -- not just me.

Basically, in my case at least, the shipment left Milton Keynes 3:30pm yesterday and instead of going to the York depot, they sent it to the Bradford depot and no matter how much I ask for the saturday delivery, they will not deliver until Monday. :( :( :(

Not chuffed at all, especially because the games I ordered at the same time arrived this morning by royal mail, but nothing to play them on. The games packaging is quite nice though...

bastards.
 

OmarNawaz

Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
663
I was at the launch in Oxford Street was number 22 wristband but got like the 10th console

Was pretty cool atmosphere there I got blindly pissed (bottle of brandy two pints :eek: )

lots of gamers there didn't see many ebayer suspects

anyway i got Wiiplay and zelda OBV

Was anyone else there

I got footage of the whole day on my crappy cam probably upload to youtube

I was wearing my 1up shirt
 

CABBAGES

Very Active Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,151
Location
SCOTLAND
Website
Visit site
one fo my wiis came today (the one form GAME) My jmv one was supposed to be here but they say it will come tomorrow. I might sell the second one to my sisters friend at work for the price i got it instead of puttin it on ebay.

I just went to the shops there and bought 2 wii plays coz i will sell one on ebay :p a nunchuck and a classic controller ! Oh i also got zelda with my wii.
 

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
1,172
Age
31
Location
Scotland, UK
Website
Visit site
Im waiting to xmas for mine. But all of the stores near me were sold out of their stock within half an hour. Thats 4 stores sold out within 30mins in the same town. And now they're on eBay for double wat they cost. Theres 50 pages on eBay alone for the Wii and they were all put up this morning. My bro says i'll never be able to get one but I managed to get a PS2 when it came out so this should be a piece of cake.
 

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
You lucky bastards, my mum decided to preorder one TODAY. So basically I have lttle chance of getting one before christmas :(.
 

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
688
Location
West Mids, England.
Website
Visit site
Goity posted on Dec 8 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
You lucky bastards, my mum decided to preorder one TODAY. So basically I have lttle chance of getting one before christmas :(.

probably more chance than me, i preordered from play in september and i heard they have around 7000 pre-orders to fulfil. anyone here from europe who just walked into a store an bought one today? my girlfriend went to town early to see if she could buy one but everywhere sold out, she came back with viva pinata instead
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OmarNawaz

Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
663
I've still got my pre-orderded console its just when i found out they are only get 9 consoles thought I couldn't be bothered waiting so went oxford street at midnight.
 

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,730
Age
34
Location
Hildesheim, Germany.
Website
Visit site
CUPC4KES posted on Dec 8 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
anyone here from europe who just walked into a store an bought one today?
Yeah, me. But i was there 1 hour before the store opened and i used the parking garage entrance which was opened 4 minutes sooner.

EDIT: Oh, and i still have a preorder that will be there on monday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
421
Age
37
Location
Como (Italy)
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
CUPC4KES posted on Dec 8 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
my girlfriend went to town early to see if she could buy one but everywhere sold out, she came back with viva pinata instead
Whenever I see that game only one thought crosses my mind: WTF!?

Initially I wanted to get one on launch too, but I finally decided to wait a little, I'll probably buy it around Feb or March...
In the meantime I opted for a DS Lite...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
8,168
Age
33
Location
ATL
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Fishbong posted on Dec 8 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
Heh, yesterday the Toy section manager of the department store told me that the doors to the parking garage were going to be opened a bit sooner. So when it got really crowded at the main entrance, me and two other guys i got to know there entered from that side. It thurned out they opened the door 4 minutes sooner. :lol: I already had my Wii when the angry mob was rushing up the stairs :p
LOL same thing happened to me at the PS3 launch. I got to the mall and went to the entrance that security said would be opened about 1 minute before the others. So I see all the black people screaming "nigga the line starts HERE, not THERE" at each other and im like "lol retards".

I didnt get one, but I got in with the other 5 people that were smart like me, and beat out the rush of 300+ black people who were trying to trip each other while screaming "5000 dollaz on ebay nigga, 5000 DOLLARZ!"

LOL intelligence 4tw! :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
T

TelcoLou

Guest
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 8 2006 at 07:12 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Dec 8 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
Heh, yesterday the Toy section manager of the department store told me that the doors to the parking garage were going to be opened a bit sooner. So when it got really crowded at the main entrance, me and two other guys i got to know there entered from that side. It thurned out they opened the door 4 minutes sooner. :lol: I already had my Wii when the angry mob was rushing up the stairs :p
LOL same thing happened to me at the PS3 launch. I got to the mall and went to the entrance that security said would be opened about 1 minute before the others. So I see all the black people screaming "nigga the line starts HERE, not THERE" at each other and im like "lol retards".

I didnt get one, but I got in with the other 5 people that were smart like me, and beat out the rush of 300+ black people who were trying to trip each other while screaming "5000 dollaz on ebay nigga, 5000 DOLLARZ!"

LOL intelligence 4tw! :lol:

See, it's this kind of "OMFG, I gotta have it NOW!!!" mentality that makes me just shake my head and continue to patiently wait until they are in plentiful supplies at the stores.( .. well, that and the fact that Oblivion's been postponed again :lol:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

raven

Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
795
Location
The Hague, Netherlands
Website
yafl.gossamer.nl
I didn't really pre-order but ordered one from a postorder company (hoping not many people would) and it arrived today. I love the controls andd I think Wii Sports is a lot of fun. Getting a classic controller and some virtual console games next :)

I'm also staring at two micro-sd cards which I can't use yet: waiting for my M3 perfect lite to arrive (probably monday). I don't think I'll be doing anything useful for a couple of days :)
 

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
688
Location
West Mids, England.
Website
Visit site
Ryo posted on Dec 8 2006 at 11:10 PM said:
CUPC4KES posted on Dec 8 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
my girlfriend went to town early to see if she could buy one but everywhere sold out, she came back with viva pinata instead
Whenever I see that game only one thought crosses my mind: WTF!?

Initially I wanted to get one on launch too, but I finally decided to wait a little, I'll probably buy it around Feb or March...
In the meantime I opted for a DS Lite...

looks ok, i watched her play it for a few hours but not really my thing, kind of like sims crossed with animal crossing, really nice visuals though. any one know of the next shipment to europe is from nintendo?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top