Nintendo ds emulator

sukhi2011

I have seen ds emulator on linux os called ideas,can that be ported to pandora console.

I have seen ds emulator on linux os called ideas,can that be ported to pandora console.
pandora only has one screen m8
Please do not start this again. The screen problem has been discussed thousands of times.

Result = IT IS NOT A PROBLEM!

Example = My PC only has one screen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Two screens =/= The Problem

Weird-ass, hard-to-emulate hardware == Problem

The screen realestate of the pandora will not fit both ds screen on even if turned on its side even if it did it would be too hard to control @ndnsolar your PC screen and your Pandora screen should not really be comparable unless ur PC screen is 800x480 lol

Sent from my HTC HD 7 using Board Express

iDeaS is not open source. It can't be ported. The only option is desmume. Any port of it will not be remotely fast enough.

The screen realestate of the pandora will not fit both ds screen on even if turned on its side even if it did it would be too hard to control @ndnsolar your PC screen and your Pandora screen should not really be comparable unless ur PC screen is 800x480 lol

Er. The resolution of both DS screens added up is 256x384. You could fit three pairs of DS screens side by side and still have a sixteen pixel border between each screen and a convenient 96 pixel area above or below the screens to put in ... I dunno, annoying ad banners or something.

However, Pandora is probably not fast enough to emulate the processors on the NDS. It has enough trouble emulating the N64, and the NDS is similar in power but has a multiprocessor setup, which I imagine is a good deal more complex to emulate.

but why can't we just rotate the pandora, then it'll upscale nicely without lots of space at the edges, means we can add touchscreen support to the top ds screen aswell :D

man i love these threads

Excellent stuff guys giving lot of comments on ds emu.

The best way will to rotate the screen to play,ds does have 2 screens one touch screen and other fo playing games but one game sega produced sonic rush was making use both screens,that was really cool.

The no$gba emulator on pc is excellent is that open source and desmume is that good emulator?

desmume didn't have good compatibility on pc.

N64 is really good emulator,i don't think it has any problems with speed just compatibillity issues not running all roms,ds should be good as n64 in terms of compatibility but ds different games to n64 so i can't say what will run and is different system so is anyone developing this emulator on pandora.

The best way will to rotate the screen to play,ds does have 2 screens one touch screen and other fo playing games but one game sega produced sonic rush was making use both screens,that was really cool.
The issue with the two screens is a (by now overused) joke which the community plays on anyone who brings up the topic of DS emulators. As Blue Protoman mentioned, the screens are a total non-issue.

The Nintendo DS is a complex piece of hardware to emulate. Perhaps a talented coder can get some demos to run with a lot of effort, but don't expect any playable speeds. In other words, a Nintendo DS emulator is very unlikely to happen anytime soon and will probably require a more powerful processor.

If you are really interested about the details then check the many, many threads on this on gp32x.de.

Well my pandora clock to 1300mhz that should be fast enough.

No emulator on pandora can go more than 1030mhz inc. n64,saturn these emulators are quite fast on this speed,if saturn emulator can clock to 1300mhz it will faster than running it on 1030mhz.

Best way to find out how well ds emu can play with 1000mhz to start with then progress with updates.

No, 1300 Mhz is not fast enough. Megahertz does not mean power, it means how power is used. Ultimately, we'd need a faster processor.

You got my point then. As long as there is enough space, two screens on one will be fine :)

I still believe exo is secretly trying to top ari ;)

If someone has a chance to do so, it would be exo.

No, 1300 Mhz is not fast enough. Megahertz does not mean power, it means how power is used. Ultimately, we'd need a faster processor.
I think it's enough, n64 runs fine on 850mhz making it faster than this doesn't make any difference,with ds is different story because it has 2 screens that make thing complicated and as you said you need faster processor that can be right aswell but maybe it might help if processor speed can help alittle with n64 uses one screen it mkes thins simplier,if someone is prepared to do ds emu it will be hard work,wheather it will work at decent speed only time will tell.

Yes, the DS is based on the N64's architecture, but cars are based on horse-drawn carriages, too. It's evolved too much to make comparisons on that level.

Sukhi, I believe people have been trying to tell you this politely, but failed to quite reach you. I'll try a more direct approach: You appear to have no idea of what you're talking about. Not in this thread, not when talking about other emulators (Saturn or DC threads). Just drop it and stay quiet, unless you really, really want to appear the forum fool.

Back