Nice New Gp2x Hardware ..

triton posted on Sep 1 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
what skin is the panda using? that looks really nice!

Gotta catch em all! I need the white one, and cased BOB to complete the set =D Looks pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
does the unit bit on the bottom which contains the actual BoB board have any room? maybe there could be room for a "pocket" hard drive in there ...

Paradox posted on Sep 1 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
does the unit bit on the bottom which contains the actual BoB board have any room? maybe there could be room for a "pocket" hard drive in there ...

That is a good idea, but is having your serial number in your sig a very good idea?

tshroom posted on Sep 1 2006 at 05:26 PM said:
That is a good idea, but is having your serial number in your sig a very good idea?

Why not ... what, is somebody going to "hack" him? :lol:

I suppose that could be a small issue come DRM'ed downloads. :) Saved and treasured.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 1 2006 at 05:57 PM said:
I suppose that could be a small issue come DRM'ed downloads. :) Saved and treasured.

- Alex

:lol:

But really, I don't think a serial # is the same as a CPUID (like the GP32 had ... I was on the beta list for Fday, and was given a CPUID program that grabbed mine and displayed it on the GP32's screen ... I had to send this ID to Rlyeh so he could make the Beta work on my machine.)

Unless I'm wrong ... which has happened once or twice :rolleyes:

would be great if there was room to shove a small external hard drive in there, and connect it up from the inside so theres no wires everywhere.. but taking it out to put more things on it from your PC could be a problem.

On one hand having it act as a stand can be practical, but part of me hoped for a compact seamless extension to the bottom of the device...

- Alex

this looks like more of a "turn your gp2x into a TV console" type thing, which is exactly what i wanted, going to get me an external HDD, some controllers to play with my brother and wait for the emu authors to start rolling out 2 player controller support for their emus =) *cant wait* gives me goosebumps thinking about it its like christmas.

Finally, the BOB with a case starts to appear on the horizon. I've held off the board because I really don't want to fashion my own case (not into hardware mods), so this is one of those must buy thingamies for me!

Paradox posted on Sep 1 2006 at 11:22 PM said:
gives me goosebumps thinking about it its like christmas.
Knowing GPH, we'll be lucky if it'll be available by Christmas ;)

- Alex

Back