New Gp2x Hardware, F300

iAmGhost

Still Fresh
Website
9h0st.co.cc
4tlsg8.jpg

New version of VocaMaster hardware released, called F300.

VocaMaster is Korean English learning software that uses GP2X.

This is same as F200, but there is Wiz PCB inside.

And uses Chargeable battery, not AA.

Users confirmed F300 can run Wiz softwares, and cannot run F200 softwares.

I don't think this will be selled at outside of Korea.

Edit: New information, F300 doesn't have Flash Engine.

Pic Source: GPain

I'd rather have that than a Wiz.

Actually I'm going to see if GPH will ship us some of these, I just really like the GP2X layout and screen.

I knew the GP2X was being used as an educational tool in Korea, but does anyone else find the fact that GPH makes something that's used to teach English amusing? Perhaps it teaches 'Korean English' specifically, that's more believable.

craigix said:
I'd rather have that than a Wiz.

Actually I'm going to see if GPH will ship us some of these, I just really like the GP2X layout and screen.
It will have a F200 style D-pad though...

Last edited by a moderator:
And presumably take annoying AA batteries? Having used the Wiz quite a bit now, I would not go back to the GP2X. The Wiz is just a better machine.

For what I used it for that F200 pad was OK, not amazing but I'd take it to have the GP2X form and screen.

Does it use AA batteries?

Orkie said:
And presumably take annoying AA batteries? Having used the Wiz quite a bit now, I would not go back to the GP2X. The Wiz is just a better machine.
craigix said:
For what I used it for that F200 pad was OK, not amazing but I'd take it to have the GP2X form and screen.

Does it use AA batteries?
I'm not sure but i heard this uses Chargeable battery(not AA), and there is Hold button.

Edit: Confirmed, It uses Chargeable battery.

craigix said:
Then you clearly haven't seen how great the Wiz screen is up close then?

You are also saying you want the cheap GP2x plastic and unsturdy build?

Is the Wiz build any better? You said your select button fell in to the unit.

I just like the GP2X size and form for what it is. I think there will definitely be a market for this, and if they are making it anyway, there isn't much of a problem as the software is going to be the same.

craigix said:
Is the Wiz build any better? You said your select button fell in to the unit.

I just like the GP2X size and form for what it is. I think there will definitely be a market for this, and if they are making it anyway, there isn't much of a problem as the software is going to be the same.
My Wiz came with the select button broken and it is a prototype unit.

Well I really don't like the Wiz's small screen and was even thinking of making something like this on my own but even if it is made I don't think I will be albe to buy it ,, and why did they change AA to not AA ,, the AA can easyly be change :( :( .. I will ask my Dad what does he think abut it and buy one of those ( Wiz or F300 ) But this made me pretty shure I won't buy anything becous the only thing I was thinking abuot was the small screen ,, now I can't say that the GPH consloes are not for me becous now it has almost everything ( no s-video :( :( ) ,, ohh... had one more thought the dongle is for Wiz not F300 compatible :( :(

Edit: By the way I really love the GP2X design and was thinking of buying it now I can have big screen ,, GP2X design and new hard-ware

Does it have the Wiz's soft-ware or is it only avalible to instal ??

Edit 2: Is it compatible with cardle ?? ( Soft-ware )

Edit 3: Does it have 16,7 mil colour ( I think Yes ) , What do you think would it be possible to put a 3,5" 320x240 16,7mil AMOLED screen ??

I'm guessing the Wiz is GPH's first 'game only' system.
The Wiz to me seems like a much nicer machine. It has been said by people who have one that it has *much* better build quality than the F200. It has a proper Dpad, apparently very nice screen, and a clip-on wifi module which I doubt this will have.
This doesn't really interest me much. GPH have not built it to play games. Sure, it'll play them, but we need to remember that it's primary market is always going to be for Educational language software. The Wiz is actually directed at gamers. Selling this thing outside of Korea would in my opinion damage Wiz sales.
It would attract people who want a bigger screen, without them knowing how badly built it is in comparison. Outside of Korea it would be sold as a gaming machine, which it is not.
I don't want it.
Small rant over.

Edit: This would have been huge news had the Wiz not already been made, but as Orkie says; 'The Wiz is just a better machine'.

QUOTE</div>
Selling this thing outside of Korea would in my opinion damage Wiz sales.

I'm almost sure it would becuse some people ( like me and Craigix ) think it is better ,, and the main prupose of it doesn't make it worse ,, and I think mb they made it better ( Edit: that old GP2X ) becuse they didn't make it out of old F100 or F200 cases becuse nither F100 nither F200 had a case like this ,, sb in the coments wrought that it shines more so mb they changed the material ( plastic )

I don't see why GPH would have changed the plastic or the case in any way.
It is the F200 case, just a different colour.

For better quality of the product ??

But We still don't know to much the time will tell more ..

Is the adressing in TFT LCD - AMOLED the same ??

Could the screen be changed to AMOLED ??

It would be really nice nothing would keep me with the Wiz :) :)

I doubt there is need for 'better quality of the product' in the market it's aimed at. To keep things cheap, they probably kept the same molds, materials etc.
I don't really get your bit about 'adressing in TFT LCD', but I'm guessing you want the screen changed. Not going to happen.

Be happy with the Wiz and trust the comments from those who have them :).

Not change by them ,, was wondering if it will be possible to change it myself I think it wouldn't be a problem becouse the Wiz's soft-ware was made for AM ( don't know does it chnge sth ) screen ..

And I don't even think they might change the screen becous the OLED is much more expensive ( I think ) And as You wrighten above the market it is aimed for is poor ,, but at least they could change the plastic :) :) But it doesn't matter I never touched a GP2X with my hands

hmmmmmmm... This is tempting, bigger screen is nice but the wiz looks to have a better dir pad. Also the wiz looks like it may be around gba micro size so might be painful to use for extended periods. hmmmmmm.

Back