New Gp2x Hardware, F300

iAmGhost said:
4tlsg8.jpg

Edit: New information, F300 doesn't have Flash Engine.
Doesn't have a flash engine? I don't see why not, but that just put the Wiz further up in my books.

Edit: quote added

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to get more info and if it will have less fatures than the Wiz ,, I will buy the Wiz ,, But why should it it has the Wiz's main board ,, Doesn't it ??

If after changing soft it won't be exacly like Wiz I will buy the Wiz ..

By the way is it cardle compatible ,, mb after wrighting some drivers it will run the TV out

Why doesn't it have the flash engine if ti has the Wiz's hard-ware wich supports it ,, no soft-ware support yet ??

It doesn't hurt to have an alternative especially for ones who don't like the WIZ's small screen or DaveC who's strangely convinced the WIZ's screen will burn out. I wonder if this model sells for less considering it uses the GP2X 200's casing.

If it will work like the Wiz I will buy one ( mb when I will be to Japan in about a year bit long but worth waiting ) ( I know GPH is from Korea but Japan is close and mb they ship it there )

This is interesting. I go to Korea a few times a year, I'll try to track one down next time I'm up there.

When you say rechargable battery, do you mean lithium? Can it be recharged via USB plus what type of screen does it have LCD, OLED or something else?

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
When you say rechargable battery, do you mean lithium? Can it be recharged via USB plus what type of screen does it have LCD, OLED or something else?

Regards

André
It's chargeable battery via USB, and screen is same as F200.

pandora said:
Doesn't have a flash engine? I don't see why not, but that just put the Wiz further up in my books.
The Flash engine in the Wiz might be licensed from a 3rd party. If they're paying a fee per unit for Flash on the Wiz, and Vocamaster doesn't need it for their device, there's no reason to pay the fee for every F300.

craigix said:
I'd rather have that than a Wiz.

Actually I'm going to see if GPH will ship us some of these, I just really like the GP2X layout and screen.
I want one. :eek:

The most likely reason the F300 doesn't have the Flash Player is because it isn't ready yet :)
GPH have told me it is still in development and will be ready around mid-February (all going well). If it is finished in time it will be on the Wiz at launch and probably also available to the F300 as a firmware update.

Can anyone tell me an address of some store where this can be bought in Seoul, South Korea? A friend of mine is there right now, I'd really like to have this but I need some directions to tell him in order for him to be able to buy this. Is this available in many stores there or just some specialty stores?

Also, is this called Vocamaster F300 in Korea? Or GP2X F300? Or something else? :)

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me with this!

I don't think it's sold in stores, maybe others know otherwise. It's called a Vocamaster 'new edition', or something like that.
As already stated it isn't a gp2x.

limonaati said:
Can anyone tell me an address of some store where this can be bought in Seoul, South Korea? A friend of mine is there right now, I'd really like to have this but I need some directions to tell him in order for him to be able to buy this. Is this available in many stores there or just some specialty stores?

Also, is this called Vocamaster F300 in Korea? Or GP2X F300? Or something else? :)

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me with this!
Tell him to go to Technomart (near Gangbyeon subway station). If it's out yet, it'll be there. It's probably just called "Vocamaster".
Also, if he's Korean, he could probably get it cheaper at Yongsan Electronics Market; but I wouldn't suggest it for foreigners.

Edited: Delated

If We/I would make software to the F300 controling the TV out it should work with the cardle ??

VocaMaster is called as "깜빡이(Kkamppagi)" in Korea, there is no official model name for F300 now. just everyone call as "New Kkamppagi".

There is some sites can buy F300, but it's really expensive.

http://vocamaster.org/bbs/write.php?bo_table=oder
http://www.voca-master.co.kr/pub/line/line040101.asp
http://imsam.kr/technote8/board.php?board=...9a48761b7298283

F300's price is 360,000 KRW now, Wiz will be 189,000 KRW

Also, offline stores does not sell VocaMaster, only Telephone or Online order.

I'm Korean, but paying double price for F200 like Wiz...

Well, I'm not gonna buy this xD.

Orange Pumpkin said:
If We/I would make software to the F300 controling the TV out it shuld work with the cardle ??

Software? How about hardware? If the Wiz contains no video encoder (which is routed to an available expansion port), it's never going to work with your TV regardless of how much software you write.

Back