Nice New Gp2x Hardware ..

nice job, i might custom paint mine, my friend is an extremely talented tatoo artist, but loves working on cars, bikes, computer cases etc

ill have to get him to design something for me :)

Holy yokozuna, that looks fantastic!

gp2x_m.jpg

As for the pandas, they're obviously photoshopped (just look at the jagged edges). The black model with the orange GPH skin looks more professional and less distracting anyway.

- Alex

I don't really see how the BoB board fits into it, it must be a custom smaller design internally. Also where the hell is the connector to the EXT Port? Seems well concealed. :p Or it's just a plastic shell and no full prototype exists yet..

Alex. posted on Sep 1 2006 at 03:46 PM said:
As for the pandas, they're obviously photoshopped (just look at the jagged edges).

oh yeah! i didnt notice that, good eyes mate :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The first image is just poorly resized. It doesn't look photoshopped to me, more like it was spraypainted. Photoshop CS did save the files but I convert files in PS without editing them all the time.

Epicenter posted on Sep 2 2006 at 01:08 AM said:
The first image is just poorly resized. It doesn't look photoshopped to me, more like it was spraypainted. Photoshop CS did save the files but I convert files in PS without editing them all the time.

agreed. what I wanted to say but was too tired/lazy.

Jarska333 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 10:34 AM said:
Hoo, that bob looks rather much like a SNES. :p

It looks like a tacky smart card reader, yet somehow less attractive and generic. Craig mentioned some kind of clip-on device with 3 USB ports (he said 3 because it should be able to support a WiFi stick, an external HDD and a mouse to operate like a computer) and that it'd have a built-in keyboard. I find the concept of using a mini keyboard like that on a phone with a full-size mouse and a TV to be the most awkward concept ever, but he said the keyboard was meant more for using terminal functionality. Doesn't seem too useful, but maybe someone would find use for that .. I wonder if GPH is really making that though, or if they just settled on this. At least it's more convenient than the BoB though.

I still prefer that idea (is anyone actually making it?) for a replacement GP2X back panel, with USB ports and TV output jacks on it. That's an ideal solution...

Paradox posted on Sep 1 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
is that the official docking bob? why is it white?

Prototype.

Back