News from the meeting at GC

what bewilders me is "pro" multinationals often take longer than 2 years to develop something like this with stupid amounts of cash and a large team, here is one man, with help from the community for software, and just one electronics designer and he's managed to pull together half a dozen or more suppliers/manufacturers and everything else in such a short time, no wonder he never sleeps....

I terrifies me to think what he might build if given a large chunk of cash and a large team to work with!!!

Probably more or less the same thing, or nothing at all.

Like with game devs, unlimited time and money leads to unfinished projects.

*HEAVY BREATHING*
IaLG69W.gif

Sponsored by Nokia.

what bewilders me is "pro" multinationals often take longer than 2 years to develop something like this with stupid amounts of cash and a large team, here is one man, with help from the community for software, and just one electronics designer and he's managed to pull together half a dozen or more suppliers/manufacturers and everything else in such a short time, no wonder he never sleeps....

I terrifies me to think what he might build if given a large chunk of cash and a large team to work with!!!
good god your right. just think of the possibilitys

So, ED spent more time with this "friend" than with his wife... mmmm :D

Also the coffee count is missing

Anyway good news, thanks :)

Brilliant, like always. And the spoiler puts all into a perspective: I wasn´t aware that the (good!) webshop takes so much time: If "being in charge" means "multitasking and doing overtime at its finest", then q.e.d. :)

Hi ED,

I do not post that frequently here but your post scared me quite a lot. Such a schedule is nothing to be proud of really, you should definately take more selfcare. Please let me make sure that no one here wants you to suffer a stroke in the near future. Take your time and make sure you stay with us for at least the next 10 Pyra successors (followed by retirement, not what you might think).
Most people here have proven that they are patient and that they appriciate your efforts with the Pyra. You do not need to prove your conscientiousness by sacrificing yourself.
Please take this seriously. I have been suffering from a burnout last year and I've seen friends and colleagues collapsing in the past. I would feel much better knowing you get enough sleep and freetime (you've got a wife and a dog btw) and reduce your Pyra-efforts by half.

Best wishes to you and your wife

Fair enough, one has to look after onesself, but I suspect ED is just one those 'driven' people and actually enjoys putting in 100% all the time to achieve something he feels passionately about. I'm sure he knows his limits, don't misunderstand, I appreciate the benefit of his hard work but I don't believe he does it just to please the likes of me.

ED you're doing a wonderful job! Thank you for all the time and energy you put in. Remember to take care of your self and keep up the good work :)

The 'friend' is a friend of me and my wife, so we went there together.

I am still alive, no worries (though I've catched a cold so that slows me down a bit) and I won't get a stroke soon... my father had similar work times and my mother also always thought he'll have a stroke.

Coffee count... should be 4 - 6 per day, so roughly 37, I guess.

Back