New website request

Askarus: I agree with your marketing logic, but ask for about 30 seconds of showcasing the top native games within a 5:21 video. That's representative I'd say.

I'd vote for including applications and native games into the video. The video is meant to show, what the Pandora can do. And that's also applications and native games.

I'd also vote for mixing those categories within the video well, so that there is e.g. first an emulated game (or a section about an emulator with several games showing); then LibreOffice, then a native game, then another emulator, then a web browser, then emulator, native game, Email program... etc.

Otherwise people mainly interested in applications would give up watching the view before the applications are shown. People not interested in classic gaming stuff would miss the great new native games. And so on.

In the first visible video should be what attracts people: Stuff they already know and which is usable/playable in Pandora:

Emulated systems, ported Games and applications (LibreOffice...).

Of course there should be some native Pandora games/applications but it should not be the main focus.
So my words, right? :D

The 30 Seconds are good.

I just want to say this: Don't focus too much on native games.

Of course the video has to be improved.

Am I the only one who thinks subtitles showing name of game and system (or for non emulated stuff name of program/game and category) would be useful on these videos?  As someone who's parents couldn't afford consoles when I was growing up, (and whose first computer was dos based)  I don't recognise most games by a short clip.

- Neelix

I have a theory that if somebody creates a better video... ED would place it on the frontpage

So.. who wants to create a video?! I smell a new competition.

or share the work? Everyone who is able to create a screencast should create one (with some specified parameters, so that quality does not vary too much) and someone collects those snippets and compiles a video, adds subtitles etc.?

Is there some software that can be used to create screencassts directly on the Pandora without using a camera? (This would probably not work with some games then, though)...

I also suggest to add a video snippet that shows a Pandora connected to an external display via DisplayLink, working on some document.

Maybe also show a snippet with the Pandora connected to a TV and playing a C64 or NES game on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Firmware download / reflash your Pandora" linking to http://pandorawiki.org/Firmware

"Get software for your Pandora" linking to http://repo.openpandora.org

ED, I see you have added those links. Thanks! They are displayed quite small here, though. 

Now I'm missing another link:

"Donate"

What's the URL again?

I have sold the first TV-Out cable via ebay now, and want to make the promised donation from the money I got for it. But I don't know the Paypal URL.
Is this what you're looking for?

Far right hand column - 2 donation possibilities:

http://boards.openpandora.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, looks good. 

I just donated 10.50€ (17.50€ from the auction minus 7.00€ that cover my expenses for the cable) for the preorder queue.

Looking forward to next auction's result :)

Back