New website request

I could make one of mine, I also have a decent camera. Not before tomorrow or wednesday evening though, so if anybody can do it faster ... ...

I could make one of mine, I also have a decent camera. Not before tomorrow or wednesday evening though, so if anybody can do it faster ... ...

I'll likely be around tomorrow evening to get it all set up and put it on the website. I've got a decent enough camera to get the shot, but terrible lighting.

Controls should be visible, screen should be absolutely dead square on if you can manage it, and you should use a little zoom to avoid too much depth. Tricky shot!

that's all win. nice job.

the major problem now is the price tag. you'll never sell enough pandora 1GHz at that price to cover all the preorder, you need to seriously review that point... either lower the price and make an order cover, let's say 1/2 of a preorder, or promote the 600MHz unit at a lower price.

Great video and great way to present it!

Three small problems:

- I don't see a way to do fast forward / fast backward. No controls for that are visible, even when hovering. Would be nice, if this was possible.

- By default it's a bit small. What about enlarging the default size a bit?

- Some cropping problem (see overlaid text on the top, that's cut horizontally):

ishot-121217-0743351.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, indeed. But imho it is a absolute no-go to make websites play sounds by default, can you somehow turn that off?

Pandora in a pandora! PANCEPTION

Excellent work with that video... are you going to include it on the front page of openpandora.org? I'll wait before I share it around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I don't really like the photo... It look strangely illuminated and I think it would be nicer to have the pandora a little more closed, i.e. more of front view like on the old homepage.

Also, auto play is cooler, just the audio should be disabled per default, or isn't that possible via embedding?

Really good but I hope that in the future a official Open Pandora Video with more enphasis on Homebrew and ported games is created, personally I think that it is one of the biggest "features" of Pandora. :)

Auto play without audio would be weird, many people would probably assume it's a video without sound then.

Would it be possible to add a button to "zoom in" on just the top part, so you could watch the movie at, say, 360p instead of 191p? On a big screen the movie looks kind of tiny.

I've got no problem with autoplay on that video if the audio is low.

Let's get that placed into the op webpage and we can start the spamothon.

Back