Release The new website

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Because of the 1Ghz sales we didn't need to put this online yet, however I promised a few people I'd link it here anyway, some of you have seen this by now as it's been semi-common knowledge among people who regularly PM/MSN me.

Note that it does not have the support/contact links and the order page is a place holder.

Still, feedback would be great, the idea of this new site is to attract new customers and to make it easy to see what the Pandora can do,

trying to cover all features on a 'single' page.

http://www.icontrolpad.com/opiix/index.html#!home

There are a few extra features which are not yet uploaded, but you can still get a pretty good idea of the site.

The Pandora screen can support videos, we just have not yet made any.

It looks very attractive.

Spelling correction:

"Order now to avoid dissapointment disappointment."

^ I lol'ed at the warning.

New Site said:
2 SD slots & real USB host post

Post needs changing to port.

New Site said:
Meet the Pandora battery. This 4200mAh

behemonth is twice the capacity of even the

Samsung Galaxy S3's battery.

And when we say 10 hours real use, we mean

it, bight screen, using wifi, playing games,

watching movies - no tricks.

Behemonth needs changing to behemoth and bight needs changing to bright.

New Site said:
The battery is user replacable, too,

Replacable needs changing to replaceable + imho the comma after replacable is superfluous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps mention Tomb Raider is run in an emulator, since it's not too clear? "Tomb Raider - PS1 emulation @ 30FPS"?

Also, some meta tags (keyword/description) never hurt!

If you click on order, and move the mouse to select the country, then the cursor passes on the 1GHz section so the countries disappears...

Also the changing images can change while moving the cursor to another menu so it's a bit disturbing.

Also mainland Europe doesn't work.

After having selected a country, it's not possible to come back and select another, we are forced to delete the "#!order" in the address bar, then reload.

What is the 1GHz Pandora 2X ?

Also mainland Europe doesn't work.

After having selected a country, it's not possible to come back and select another, we are forced to delete the "#!order" in the address bar, then reload.

What is the 1GHz Pandora 2X ?

Yes, as I said, the order page is a place holder, it does not work yet.

I shall switch to GHz.

Advertising Android while it's not even in the repo ?

It's a bit wierd towards new potential users, and it's a call for more "customer support" and threads in the forum. If you advertise something it should be properly supported/documented in the first place...

Plus, even if it runs Android, there are several limitations that are not mentioned, or is refered to as "Fully featured". I'm sorry but if you dont have multitouch and no camera, it cannot be called "fully featured Android". Look at the definition of the Android standard. At most you can say "compatible Android system" but not fully-featured, it's blatant exaggeration. You are going to get several angry customers if you do not put some warnings inside there.

Other comments:

- why is the arrow regarding the size pointing to the center of the device ? It does not make sense.

- Gaming control mentions the D-pad but there is no arrow to it.

- if the screen is mentioned, on top of the resolution you'd want to have the number of inches as well. Common practice.

- Where is there no mention that the screen is touch-sensitive ?

- Please don't show an empty abiword page. A document being edited would be better.

- "Gimp : explore your artistic side"? on such a small screen you can't really do anything with Gimp, the interface is already making it very crowded. Not a very good app to advertise, imho. It's not because it can run that it is useful to have it.

Otherwise the page looks nice - better than the current one.

That page looks like it was made by Microsoft to sell Windows 95. Not quiet sure if it I like it..

On the textual descriptions of the screen res, unit size, gaming controls and keyboard, the left hand character becomes unreadable depending on the picture on the slideslow underneath. I'd suggest moving the slideshow left a bit...

Edit:

Other than that, nice one.

Using the latest Opera on windows 7, the slideshow of screenshots doesn't align to the Pandora, instead, showing up behind it? Works fine on Chrome though (not tried any other browsers)

I would change colour of the order button from red to dark blue or maybe silver ;) Background image is also very crowded (like a real wallpaper) , but not sure how you could improve it. Other than that nice job

Viewed new site using Chrome on Win XP.

Looks good, a big improvement on the previous site. :)

Got a few questions :

1) Is this going to be a website for Open Pandora Ltd, or will it be a global site, i.e. for Open Pandora GmbH as well? I guess what I'm wondering is if Open Pandora GmbH will have a separate website?

2) Is the site dedicated to 1GHz units or will the standard model also be available through the new site?

3) Is the site meant to be a pleasant browsing experience when viewed on Pandora?

As others have said, Android is not fully featured on Pandora, there are problems like :

Lack of hardware : Multitouch, Accelerometer.

Hardware problems : Bluetooth, Install to external SD

Other problems : None working 'taskbar' icons : battery, wifi strength, clock

To me it would be better to describe Android on Pandora as being in a Beta state.

The only omission I've spotted is reference to the Repo / PNDManager, the well presented & easy to use way you can find new (or update existing) software on the Pandora is a big selling point to me.

Back