[ New Pandora Use ] 3doh, 3DO emulator

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Another entry I am working on, a port of 3doh for Pandora. I have a working build and it runs several games but it's not very fast (Gex runs at 10-15fps on Rebirth at 850 Mhz), so I 'm not sure how usable it will be in the end, but I'll share it anyway.

I'm in touch with the author for potential improvements down the road so I'll follow up on this even after the compo release.

Good stuff. I have never played any 3do games before.

At the very least it may run well on the pyra.

I hope that most all games continue to be designed for reasonable playability on the first Pandora.

If Road Rash runs nicely on this one, I'm a happy camper :)
currently running at about 15 fps, so theres a long way to go !
Oh my god... 3DO need for speed is one of the greatest racing games ever made :)
need for speed is very resource intensive so dont expect much right now. maybe once the emulation is faster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I have a version ready for an alpha release. I'll release it tomorrow.

I tested it on both Rebirth and 1Ghz. On Rebirth it doesn't work too well (i tried at 850 Mhz), it's just a bit too slow to be playable.

On 1Ghz, at 1100 Mhz or even better, 1200 Mhz, Road Rash is playable and runs pretty well at about 24 fps. It's not full speed, but quite close to it.

This being said, since the emulation is not full speed, the sound stutters anyway.

But it's good enough for a first release, and then we'll see if the emulation can be made a little faster down the road... :)

glad to know there is some interest :) I'll need you guys to do some testing in terms of compatibility, to let me know what works well, what does not, what is slow and what is fast :)

Back