New Gp32 Coming Out...

carapalida

Still Fresh
hello all, i was wondering of one thing...with the psp out...and the new nintendo ds...and i just heard someone in my class saying that they were coming out with a micro gameboy (not sure if it is true or not...)...

i am wondering what gamepark is doing? i mean...are they planning on building a superior handheld system like the psp to compete in the market out there? or are they pretty much out?

i usually go to their site to read some news...but it also seem that they harldy update stuff there...no news...no coming up...nothing.

it seems like that you can only get the gp32 overseas...and not in the usa and other places.

i was under the impression that this gamepark system would in a way launch and become vastly (at leat a little bit) known...

on the other hand i do understand that the population of individuals that don't known anything about emulation, or just the regular consumer that wants to carry a handheld sometimes and play some games are a lot higher then the developers/hackers/ population.

anyhow...does anybody know anything on this gamepark company? how long they have been in bussiness? how many consoles they have out? any upcoming news of a better more powerfull system?

wouldn't that be funny of a gp handheld that would emulate psp?

hehehehehhe...dreams...we can all dream...it is the only thing we can do without paying any taxes on it :)

thank you all...

carapalida

Q: hello all, i was wondering of one thing...with the psp out...and the new nintendo ds...and i just heard someone in my class saying that they were coming out with a micro gameboy (not sure if it is true or not...)...

A: Yes, they are coming out with one, its official. They had test units at E3

Q: i am wondering what gamepark is doing? i mean...are they planning on building a superior handheld system like the psp to compete in the market out there? or are they pretty much out?

A: No idea what Gamepark is doing, they've been giving us the silent treatment recently. One of the last things they did was mention the development of a GP32 2 (official codename,aka GP64 (non-official) ). There is a picture of a concept rendering somewhere around here, use the search function.

Q: it seems like that you can only get the gp32 overseas...and not in the usa and other places.

A: You can get the gp32 from gp32z.com in USA.

Q: i was under the impression that this gamepark system would in a way launch and become vastly (at leat a little bit) known...

A: Maybe it would if they distibuted it in stores ie. Walmart.

on the other hand i do understand that the population of individuals that don't known anything about emulation, or just the regular consumer that wants to carry a handheld sometimes and play some games are a lot higher then the developers/hackers/ population.

Yeah...more emulation type people know about it. Some however don't like the idea of a community supported system, thinking its unreliable :rolleyes: and others just think a pocketpc would do better, but then theres us people who just go ahead with it and get happy :D

Q: anyhow...does anybody know anything on this gamepark company? how long they have been in bussiness? how many consoles they have out? any upcoming news of a better more powerfull system?

A: They've been around since 1995. The 3 GP32s are there only consoles (NLU,FLU,BLU). And I told you about GP32 2. You can get lots more info from searching the board, and gp32eu.com and the english section of gp32.com which has some history.

Q: wouldn't that be funny of a gp handheld that would emulate psp?

A: Well, I wouldn't think it funny, I'd think it cool B)

There were rumblings of a new GP32 but I would not count on it. You never know though. It would never emulate a PSP, but would do alot.

For now though this is it.

Gamepark is not your normal business, they seem to do things, well, shoddy. I would never expect to see a new GP from Gamepark, unless they do something to get a lot of money quick. Sales of the Gp32 alone are not enough to fund research and developement and then manufacturing.

Actually Gamepark are developing a new system now, unsure when its release is though, one nice thing is that it will be backwards compatible.

For myself GP32 does all I need in emulation. The last cart based system was N64, previous to that GP can do most cart/floppy based emulation (with it's limited memory). Anything that could emulate cd-based games would surely be astronomically expensive? HD obviously, mega-cpu (and cooled) etc. I don't profess to know much about such stuff, but I would assume that moving to then-next-gen (PS1,Saturn,N64) hardware emulation would require far too much?
So basically, I couldn't care less for a newer system. We have thousands of titles available to us that run just fine. And of course my PS2 runs NFS1 and Kula World (each bought for all of $4) nicely....

I'd say as company they're doing fine, people pay a nice sum of money for the GPs, and Korea aren't exactly a rich country, so I'd say they're doing moderately well.

i am wondering what gamepark is doing? i mean...are they planning on building a superior handheld system like the psp to compete in the market out there? or are they pretty much out?

GamePark itself doesn't know what they're doing...
It's the strangest company in the whole world.
I'm even amazed that they managed to sell the GP32...

anyhow...does anybody know anything on this gamepark company? how long they have been in bussiness? how many consoles they have out? any upcoming news of a better more powerfull system?

One handheld, never been in handheld business before.

shinneri said:
Does anyone actually know the size of the Gamepark Holdings company employee-wise?
Looking at these pictures... It appears they might have a pretty small staff.

GamePark consists of exactly three people. Which could be said is... very small ;)

Last edited:
According to the website, this is the company's history:

2004 Establishment of Gamepark Holdings
Release GP32 BLU Europe
Conclusion of contract with Samsung electronics use of 3D game phone,Little Wizard
2004 Leipzig Game convention (Germany Leipzig) participation
2003 3GSM (France Cannes) participation
2002 E3 (United States of America LA) participation
ECTS (England London) participation
2001 ITU 2001 (Hongkong) participation
KAMEX 2001 (Repubic of Korea Seoul) particopation
Release,GP32, portable multimedia game player
2000 E3 (United States of America LA) participation
TGS(Japan Tokyo) participation
1996 Establishment of THE Gamepark

All the employees must have proper jobs and run the company as a hobby. That's the only way I can see them keeping it going. I would love to see them release a new GamePark model, but I don't see it happening.

Or their main line is missile controller chips for the military. :D

Edit: See! I told you so! :D

image0049px.jpg

There were rumblings of a new GP32 but I would not count on it.  You never know though.  It would never emulate a PSP, but would do alot.

For now though this is it.

if it wont be able to emulate a PSP then there is not much left that it can emulate, except perhaps PS and N64.. and then guarantee full speed thru existing snes/genesis emu's of course.. thats about it, they need to focus on official games aswell or i have a feeling they may go down the pan this time.

Oops.. i forgot about the GBA too :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone actually know the size of the Gamepark Holdings company employee-wise?

http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=36
http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=41
http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=54

Obviously they're not under THAT much financial strain, since they had the European launch and release of the BLU just last year. Who knows though..

In the first picture, is the guy on the right picking his nose or doing a very bad Dr Evil impersination :lol:.

:)

http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=36
http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=41
http://www.gp32eu.com/gallery1.php?pics=54

Obviously they're not under THAT much financial strain, since they had the European launch and release of the BLU just last year. Who knows though..

In the first picture, is the guy on the right picking his nose or doing a very bad Dr Evil impersination :lol:.

:)

it's a girl ^^

groupe.jpg

Attachments

• groupe.jpg
    groupe.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 133
GamePark were at the Games convention? in 2004? OMFG
i wanted to got there but couldnt....now i regret i didnt trigger my parents.... not very nice to tell me this :(

;)

the ECTS is not the german GC (Games convention) and yes gampark also was at the GC when i remember correctly, it was right before the planned german launch (which then never happend). But i think this was in 2003, not last year!

Back