What's with the anti-GBA elitism?

I used to take my GBA out and about now and again. But I never got round to buying a flash linker, bought an xbox instead. My GP on the other hand (because I commute) never leaves my side. Mainly 'cos I can read ebooks while listening to mP3's, or watch futurerama divx on the train- or play any number of classic games. The GBA is good, and I wouldn't slag off the users, because I am one. But the GP is in a whole different league. I still buy games for my GBA, but it gets put down till the next must have comes along (advance wars2 in my case)

Jeez, I love this topics...:)

Everything that needs to be said has pretty much been said so far, both machines have their good and bad points. For the money, the GP32 is an awesome machine with fantastic features and a really exciting future ahead of it. In terms of commerical games, it will never have the support the GBA has, but as long as the homebrew devlopers stick with it, it could end up lasting longer than the GBA (what with the upcoming Sony device - thank God someone has come along to give Nintendo a much needed kick up the arse in the handheld market).

Like many people on this board, I own both machines, and they both get an equal amount of use. I've been playing on my GBA the most recently and I've just finished plaing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on the GBA (amazing game), so Nintendo's machine will probably be put on the backburner until I get another game for it. Meanwhile, the GP32 will step up as the machine that I play on the most. This cycle is likely to keep going and going until I've gotten bored of either machine, but I have plenty of games that I enjoy on the GBA and the GP32 obviously has hundreds of titles to play on it, so...

'he didnt even know the specs of his own handheld, but he still said it was "far more powerfull than gp32" '

I hope you asked him what kind of drugs he's on, or if he's from an alternate universe where GBA doesn't have a 16 MHZ processor and a measly 512KB of ram...
I think the point here was that even tho he didnt know the specs of either machine, ignorance and hype makes users believe the GBA is the most powerfull machine on earth.

The GBA is a great little machine for folk who either dont care for emulation and home brew stuff and just wanna stick a cart in and play.

Id also say that i think its got better games at the moment, all them good RPG's are bloody great, if the screen size didnt put me completely off now :p

oh and i also own a GBA, does that make me stupid???? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
GBA rocks in its own way. I love my GBA but i could do without it. but my gp32 i wouldnt last a day without infones and castaway. GBA is certainly a great handheld but gp32 has more to offer. gp32 allows amatuer programmers and such a chance to test their skills on a powerful handheld. in short both systemds kick ass but gp32 is better. Theres no need for console wars....just...no need. and GTA wasnt that great i came to that. It is WAAAAAAY overhyped
I think that console wars are fun to look at as long as no one gets super mad and no death threats/bad words and stuff. For bandwidth wasting (mentioned a long time earlier) for people that don't want to look at it, it is just 1 more line on the list of topics, and for the server, it is supposed to be powerful enough to handle lots and lots of posts :blink: As for my opinion on the GBA vs GP32, 2 (+7 explaning why I had a GBA first) words: GBA sux, had first cuz didn't know about GP32

Last edited by a moderator:
Look.... The GBA doesn't suck... It blows! Okay? :)

One thing I would love to know - When (I.e. YOU SONY!) is anyone going to make a handheld with an analogue joystick??? And buttons too - Then games can really take off! Or Drive off, or bounce off, or........

I'm off to play MotoGP on my Nokia now - Ooh the sensation of speed! :lol:

Love GBA
Love GP32
Love PDA's
Love Stupid Gadget Phones
Hate False Neutrals

I imported my GBA from Japan a few months before it came out here and its been in the closet ever since, ok no not really but after the 1st couple weeks i stopped playing much except ofmario advance2(supermarioworld2). I'm sure for some people GBA is great and some people don't like GP32, just a matter of taste. One thing tho, with GBA when you want some fresh entertainment you must go out and plop donw ovr 30 bucks. When i want some new entertainment for gp32 i can just put a divx on, mp3 or new rom from one of the many systems it emulates. So for people that are cheap gp32 is the way

I'll say one thing right now... i regret ever buying cartridges after getting my gp32, i just... dammit!

Back