New Gp32 Coming Out...

if the gp32 2 did come out and the nly extra thing it could dowas amigaemu, id easily spend 200 quid on it and id be very happy about it, and im sure a lot of other folks would buy it too, amiga Has a huge fanbase. And if a larger number of people caught wind of a handheld amiga it could be very worthwhile for gamepark to get their act together.

Heres a real picture of it that i found on google :p
thefuture3uo.jpg

All this talk of emulating PS2 or XBox... c'mon that takes massive grunt. MS has said XBox 360 will run "the most popular" XBox titles (meaning presumably Halo 1 and 2). So even the outstanding power of XBox 360 cannot emulate XBox. PS3 will emulate PS2 and PS1 (though this may be done through hardware again), but you'll still be needing the original software titles.
Be happy with what you've got. I think the wee GP is a miracle. It's small, ergonomic, has a beautiful screen and is open-source. If you want portable PS2 games get a PSP. If you want portable XBox games you're out of luck. If you want portable N64 get a DS. Fact is you'll be needing a pretty big HD to store all those 700mb-2gb disk images, so add that to the cost of your fantasy system, then install a fan. The beauty of the GP is that it's *just* fast enough to emulate the chip-based systems (obviously not including N64, NeoGeo, Jaguar etc which should have been cd based anyway) so that we have access to 20-odd year's worth of games.
Maybe one day we'll have writeable UMD's and good emulators on the PSP. Then I'll get one.
Tilll then pass me my GP, I've got a level to finish in Dungeon Master. B)

@Drak: LOL, a handheld with touchpad :lol: Whoever made this has probably never heard of touchscreens...

It's small, ergonomic, has a beautiful screen

Ever touched a Zodiac? Not to be Fanboyish... but in comparison to the Zod the GP32 is a bit bulky... but still much better than the NDS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
if the gp32 2 did come out and the nly extra thing it could dowas amigaemu, id easily spend 200 quid on it and id be very happy about it, and im sure a lot of other folks would buy it too, amiga Has a huge fanbase. And if a larger number of people caught wind of a handheld amiga it could be very worthwhile for gamepark to get their act together.

I was an Amiga owner back in the day but i'm quite happy with the Atari ST emulator, yeah the sounds not as great but most of the Amiga games are available for this , i think its excellent.

If there was a great Amiga emulator i cant believe a huge flock of people would get a GP32 and there was a huge surge in sales just because of Amiga.

Like i say i love the Amiga but the Atari ST emulator at the fine totally is great.

I quickly glanced trough to find any reference to emulating PS2 and X-BOX, found none.
Whatever you're smoking, I want some. :blink: :lol:
Ha, I'm not sharing any! Yeah that post got away from me a bit (though in me defense someone did say "PS2 and xbox are pretty unrealistic as things to emulate seeing as really good computers struggle a bit with it").
I get wound up when folk ask for unrealistic emulation like PS1 or N64. Must drink less Red Bull in the mornings, maybe it'll help accuracy.

@Drak: LOL, a handheld with touchpad :lol: Whoever made this has probably never heard of touchscreens...

It's small, ergonomic, has a beautiful screen

Ever touched a Zodiac? Not to be Fanboyish... but in comparison to the Zod the GP32 is a bit bulky... but still much better than the NDS :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was tossing up between Zodiac and GP32 when I decided on the GP. Glad I did, though the Zodiac does look much nicer and has some serious grunt.
The joystick though..... Ok for some, not for me. I didn't even like it when Sony dropped the old digital PS1 controllers for analogue, and still hardly use the PS2 analogue sticks if I can avoid it.
I'm in the minority I know, but I just love that little microswitch-style click the GP makes, it's nice and positive. And very retro!

I was an Amiga owner back in the day but i'm quite happy with the Atari ST emulator, yeah the sounds not as great but most of the Amiga games are available for this , i think its excellent.

If there was a great Amiga emulator i cant believe a huge flock of people would get a GP32 and there was a huge surge in sales just because of Amiga.

Like i say i love the Amiga but the Atari ST emulator at the fine totally is great.

Agreed, CaSTaway is awesome and lets us play some really amazing 16bit titles. I'd like Amiga emulation, but I had an STe and there were bucket loads of cross-platform titles to be had.
A handheld would have to guarantee clean emulation of 90's Mame games, DOS, PS1, N64 and Saturn to pry my money away.

nah still have to disagree i see what you mean bout ST and i do use emu alot but Amiga just had a bit of extra class. games like settlers syndicate Heimdahl, just brilliant games.

nah still have to disagree i see what you mean bout ST and i do use emu alot but Amiga just had a bit of extra class. games like settlers syndicate Heimdahl, just brilliant games.

You're in luck: Heimdall
We've seen people work on Amiga emulation, but I guess it's real tricky so would likely take years to come to fruition.
I wonder, are there good Amiga emulators available for any other handhelds? Zodiac would be able to do it surely?

You're in luck: Heimdall
We've seen people work on Amiga emulation, but I guess it's real tricky so would likely take years to come to fruition.
I wonder, are there good Amiga emulators available for any other handhelds? Zodiac would be able to do it surely?

Pocket pc`s PocketUae and the Zodiac `s Amiga emulator (Yes there is one for the Zod, Not sure what it`s called) are the only Amiga emulators for handheld`s i know of.

Trooper

Heres a real picture of it that i found on google :p
thefuture3uo.jpg

I made that! Check out GP64 Ideas in Cool Ideas and Other Wishes!

And touch screens suck :p Of course, if the real one had a touchscreen I'd be happy (SCUMM, yay!), I'd just have to be really careful with it.

I like laptop touch pads, they're awesome. The next best thing to a mouse.

I later dropped the idea of an analog stick or microphone, because thats just stupid.

D-stick forever.

Yes the Amiga was better than the Atari ST but a lot of the games are similar because of the titles and the graphics werent that much worse, it was mainly the sound which i'm not personally too fussed about on the GP32.

The Speccy vs C64 argument is totally different, many games were very different from each other, C64 better sound, colourful graphics, more blocky, Speccy less colours worse sound but better defined graphics.

The difference between Amiga and ST isnt huge, specially on the GP32 when the screens much smaller for graphics and sound isnt really a huge issue.

I would love an Amiga emulator but at the moment i totally get by with the ST emulator

Back