New Firmware Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having problems with the speaker sound? It kinda crackles on the last two sound settings in the music player, and sometimes in games as well. Even when i plug in my headphones this problem still exists. Butit only happens when i touch the volume. When i first set the volume to maximum, and then start a song or whatever, it just works fine. And the moment i touch the volume again, or fast forward the song or something, it's there again...

I don't think it's a hardware problem though. Headphones defenetely sound better than those speakers, but the speakers can't just be THAT awful... It sounds like their broken, but they aint. And it's because of some software problem i guess.

Just can't seem to find anything about this on the forums though...

Marco1983 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
Is anyone else having problems with the speaker sound? It kinda crackles on the last two sound settings in the music player, and sometimes in games as well. Even when i plug in my headphones this problem still exists. Butit only happens when i touch the volume. When i first set the volume to maximum, and then start a song or whatever, it just works fine. And the moment i touch the volume again, or fast forward the song or something, it's there again...

I don't think it's a hardware problem though. Headphones defenetely sound better than those speakers, but the speakers can't just be THAT awful... It sounds like their broken, but they aint. And it's because of some software problem i guess.

Do you still have this problem when the sound volume is lower? Because it might be something called 'clipping'. That is when the volume is too much amplified it gets distorted. I personally haven't checked if thats also the case with me, but it might be this.

Last edited by a moderator:
tobe posted on Jul 22 2006 at 12:49 AM said:
Marco1983 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 09:50 PM said:

Do you still have this problem when the sound volume is lower? Because it might be something called 'clipping'. That is when the volume is too much amplified it gets distorted. I personally haven't checked if thats also the case with me, but it might be this.

No, that isn't the case. I just played Noise2sa a few minutes ago. This game has great pumping music, and the bass is real bouncy. You know, the pounding sound. And when i inserted my headphones and carnked the volume up, it had the same good sound as on a lower volume. No cracking and stuff going on in the background.

But i also played Lufia a few minutes ago on the latest SquidgeSNES. There the sound is a little cranky. It's just not the same sound that i know of from the real cartridge SNES version that i have. I guess it's just SquidgeSNES though. Squidge is a good programmer and all, but the sound on some games just isn't the way it's supposed to be. No problem though. It will be better along the way i suppose.

The real problem is in the music player. When i first maximise the volume and play a song, there's nothing wrong. Then, if i fast forward the song, the sound gets realy distorted. Even on my headphones! So, i suppose it's just the music player that has this lovely sound mess-up function i guess. I'll have a look at another music player that you can download from the archive and have a look if that one also has the messed up sound problem. But i certainly know that this wont be the fact. I'm sure it's a mess-up in the music player...

Consider my first post as not posted, as i said some things that aint true in the end :)

Edit: Some guy said the following in a review:

There are two inbuilt speakers on the front of the system. There is a volume limiter to protect your ears, but this can be easily turned off so that you can turn the volume up higher. Don’t go expecting any Dolby surround sound here, the audio is good enough, it’s very sharp and clear without any real bass, but when you turn the volume up to the higher settings you may notice some distortions. All is not lost here as the distortion can be resolved via adjusting the equalizing settings.

Even with headphones plugged in, you will notice the same distortion on the highest volume settings but the equalizers can help to solve this.

And that exactly what my problem is too! Only i can't get it completely away by adjusting the equalizer. It only goes away when i adjust the volume, two stripes to the left. Then all of a sudden the sound is just fine again... I'm not dying from it, but it gets irritating some times. I hope GPH solves this in the next firmware release.

Yeah, they released it during the night, then took it back down because it was just too powerful for the world to handle.

They realised that if more than 100 2X units ran the new firmware simultaneously, a rift in the space-time continuum would open at the centre of the Earth, sucking the Earth into itself with such a force as to hollow us out, sending the moon careening through space.

When there is nothing but the upper crust and a floating, glowing sphere that used to be the core of the planet left, the people living on the other side of the rift would have to move through the rift themselves because the world they lived on has been destroyed by the floating magma that poured through the rift. They'd create a new world order within the hollowed-out Earth, and they would call themselves the Insiders.

Of course, the world would eventually cave in on itself, swiftly crushing the Insiders, finally destroying the Earth as we know it.

So you see why they had to pull it. That's a bug they sort of needed to fix first.

all i care about is a fix for the stupidly bright backlight on the MK2 units, its really terrible.. hopefully this can be fixed in firmware

jmetal88 posted on Jul 29 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
NoidZ posted on Jul 29 2006 at 01:22 PM said:
But don't they have too release 2 firmware versions then? (1 for MK1 and one for MK2)

They could just add another slider to the LCD adjust menu...

That would be godly...

Which is why it will never happen, DAMN YOU GAMEPARK HOLDINGS!!

PSyMastR posted on Aug 2 2006 at 05:37 PM said:
So... its august 2nd... any news?

Don't you know....On software developers calendars July comes after December and before November...Just between June and Gobbledeegook. :lol:

Paradox posted on Aug 7 2006 at 12:03 PM said:
where is the firmwareeeeeee

not available for download.
thats where

You know, every time one of you jerks posts here, it makes me think there's updated news. Jerks. :angry:

* Fully realizes thet I've done the same by posting here, creating a time-quake paradox event *

Is there any info on what we can expect from the new firmware? I'd be happy with just that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back