Gph Refused Gp2x-f200.

Extremely poor communication skills on GPH's part.
Only information to Foreign customers is thru sporadically updated web site.
Other information about systems progress is through these these very forums, thanks to people who can speak Korean, Craigix, ED, and the devs who are willing to disseminate the limited information they have available.

GPH has used preorder money to finance startup of this new venture, and been very irresponsible about keeping deadlines, or even keeping preorder holders informed of progress/reasons for delay.

While I am still awaiting unit, and am looking forward to using it, I am not impressed in the slightest with their business practises.

If they wish to truly keep a loyal fan-base, they have some major work to do on their part to avoid being branded as the new Sony.

Now a little compensation for these seemingly endless delays will go a lot farther than a terse note from Anna Hong, in regaining preorder holder trust.

Regardless of the function of this system, this is after all a business transaction. We've paid for this system on the premise of misleading information ( delivery at end of October), and I personally want to see what my hard-earned money has got me, not hear about another damn delay.

Now , in the words of the immortal Johnny Storm . . .

Flame on

It's called the "Osborne effect" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect) and it's a myth.

judge0: Please name a console company that has been responsible about keeping deadlines. :rolleyes: That's right you can't. Somehow, delays of several months are more acceptable to some people than delays of several weeks.

Perhaps the reason that they're not updating the English site much is that they have very few employees (especially ones who can speak English) and they have a lot of work to do, so close to the release date.

The old Gamepark was far worse, anyway - the original GP32 was delayed by something like two years if I remember correctly.

Other information about systems progress is through these these very forums, thanks to people who can speak Korean, Craigix, ED, and the devs who are willing to disseminate the limited information they have available.

You know that is an Korean company and that they seem to have only one person who can speak english? (Anna Hong) And she seems to make about everything. They don't have the money to pay more people and there don't seem that many people who can speak english in Korea.

GPH has used preorder money to finance startup of this new venture, and been very irresponsible about keeping deadlines, or even keeping preorder holders informed of progress/reasons for delay.

That was the only possibility to even produce the handheld. It isn't Sony that has nearly unlimited financial resources. They didn't really say any definite release-day and the problems were all unexpected. If they would have shipped unfinished product people would be even more unhappy.

Look at the super powerful and mega rich Microsoft. While they have almost limitless cash and massive resources they had to delay the Xbox360 until the end of november.

While I am still awaiting unit, and am looking forward to using it, I am not impressed in the slightest with their business practises.

If they wish to truly keep a loyal fan-base, they have some major work to do on their part to avoid being branded as the new Sony.

:huh: Even with all these bad wordings the GPH cann't be compared to Sony. Not even by 1/10.

Now a little compensation for these seemingly endless delays will go a lot farther than a terse note from Anna Hong, in regaining preorder holder trust.

Regardless of the function of this system, this is after all a business transaction. We've paid for this system on the premise of misleading information ( delivery at end of October), and I personally want to see what my hard-earned money has got me, not hear about another damn delay.

Yes you might be angry and you have a right to. I'm too not to happy with those delays. But when someone preordered then he/she is taking a risk. If you would have not then obviously you shouldn't preorder in the first place. And the GPH thought not perfect isn't that bad in this regard.

Returning to the trust you will get your GP2x for sure. If not then you will be refunded too. Still somewhat loss but again - this is a preorder and delays might happen.

Flame on

You know... I got a better price preordering by not much but always - few bucks extra is an extra. So for sure these were calculated in the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flame on
Actually I think the complete opposite of what you say is true. Their communication, while not perfect, is great. They keep us informed about everything going on. You even got told the very reason for the present delay. Check your sig if you forgot! The delays have not been much. There was never a releasedate announced anyway, other than the vague "around the end of October if all works out".
The only problem we have got is people overinterpreting every word GPH publishes and mistaking their forum posts for press releases.

I have to agree with OrR here.
GPH has been good about informing us of what is happening with the console. It's only the beginning of November so a delay from late October is hardly a reason to wet your sheets over it not being in your mailbox yet. They are fixing a few minor bugs so in about two weeks we should have a review or two of the new handheld. Joe.

Also, Anna can speak Engrish to me anytime.
Like this real conversation we had last night:

Anna: "Welcome home Joe would you rike me to rub you feet".
Joe: "Yes Anna you can rub my feet but wear the cheerleader outfit when you do".
Anna: "Oh Joe, me put the cheer-reeder outfit on fo you as long as you bring Mr. Happy out to pay with me".
Joe: "Yes Anna, Mr Happy is always ready to pay, I mean play, with you".
Censored, Censored, Censored....

See, waiting isn't so bad now is it? ;)

declaration said:
anyone complaining about GPH's media skills has obviously joined post-GP32.

GamePark make GPH look like PR gods!

Like promising internet capabilities for the Gp32? :lol:

More like this:

The only English-speaking person was the CEO, Bumhong Lee (that's not his real first name--I think its John).

They never released news in English

They never updated their website

Their drivers sucked and they didn't do anything about it

and... They never responded to email.

I wonder if, as and when they do come up with a second 2x, they'll slap a second mmsp2 chip in there lol. Assuming the price will go down gradually over the next say 4-5 years, it could be feasible by the end lol. That'd make it a quad processor system, which would just be weird lol.

There are a million reasons this would not work. So take me on my word there. ;) If any revision were made the best improvements would be the inclusion of a second CPU that didn't rely on a master-slave config, had an MMU and could run in SMP from within the OS. But this is such an enormous change you won't find it in a revision, you'll find it in the next generation if it ever happens.

well, with gp2x we are pretty high level compared to gp32, should be pretty easy to add some enhancements without screwing backwards compatibility, like adding 32mb ram connecte to the 2nd cpu, upping clockrates, exposeing more fetures, etc etc.
And schould even be enugh unused io's to add some coprocs, iam sure mse will, if they dont die, in the future make enhancements to the mmsp2/release a mmsp3.

Like this real conversation we had last night:

Anna: "Welcome home Joe would you rike me to rub you feet".
Joe: "Yes Anna you can rub my feet but wear the cheerleader outfit when you do".
Anna: "Oh Joe, me put the cheer-reeder outfit on fo you as long as you bring Mr. Happy out to pay with me".
Joe: "Yes Anna, Mr Happy is always ready to pay, I mean play, with you".
Censored, Censored, Censored....

See, waiting isn't so bad now is it? ;)

That made me laugh my ass off!

It's only been 3 days since I heard the GP2x existed and that is when I ordered mine so I can't really complain about waiting just yet :p

Back