Firmware 4.1.0 For F200 And F100 Is Out

henrik

Still Fresh
Hi,

Looks like GPH published firmware 4.1.0 today for both f100 and f200.
Any brave souls who has tried it yet? <_<

Warning: Do not update to 4.1.0 unless your GP2x already has 4.0.0 or 4.0.2 on it. Current indications are that doing so will turn your handheld into an expensive brick.

F100 release: http://www.gp2x.com/support/support_view.a...chk=&direc=

F200 release: http://www.gp2x.com/support/support_view.a...chk=&direc=

Regards/henrik

From the info about the firmware:

--------------------------------------
4.1.0 Firmware Update Information
[cut]
1. Player Functions

- E-book
* L/R button enables next/previous page

* Pressing A button +L/R button or A button + left/right D-pad button enables moving backward/forward 1,000 lines of text.

- Photo Viewer
* Set as background function and button added. Users can set as background any photo they choose by pressing the button from the Photo Viewer menu.
(Default background can be restored from Settings>System)

* Fit to screen mode added.

* Image resolution information viewing added. (Press A button while in menu)

- Music/Movie Player
Status bar and volume control can be adjusted through touch and drag

- Movie Player
* Change screen resolution button added

* Key Lock function added (A+L buttons simultaneously, toggles lock/unlock)

- Music Player
* Hold & key lock function changed to A+L buttons

* Mono sound problems resolved

2. Other functions
- Volume control
* Fixed volume control problem - smoother volume control

- direction key input speed enhanced
* Enhanced the input speed of direction keys in menus and players.

- Fixed direction key error when more than 2 directions are simultaneously pressed.

- Touch and drag function enhanced to work more smoothly.

Firmware upgrade instructions

1. Download the firmware file
2. Decompress file and place files in the root of the SD card.
3. Turn on GP2X while holding down Select+Home
4. Firmware upgrades itself.

※ Make sure you have enough battery or use the AC adapter while upgrading the firmware. If the power goes out while upgrading, it may damage the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* Built-in application license info:
GP2X built-in application(menu, photo, ebook) license is not GPL.

* GPL/LGPLed issue:
bootloader, kernel, and some library/application is GPL/LGPLed.
If you want to know more detail information, see http://gnu.org/copyleft site,
or see NAND/License directory in GP2X(installed Firmware 2).

* Getting GPL/LGPLed source code for GP2X:
If you want to get modified source code, check this site.
http://dev.gp2x.com
http://svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag
If you need more source code, please mail to dev@gp2x.com
--------------------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Gamepark Holdings[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I updated my F-200 to the new version. No problems found yet.
The links you posted are not working for me. Try the GPH Homepage instead.

Regards,
Stephan

Sounds great I will give it a try when I get home tonight. Is anything put into the NAND? New demos or anything.

So no kernel fixes... I sent them a patch to cure the bad block problem and they haven't been arsed to apply it!

Orkie said:
So no kernel fixes... I sent them a patch to cure the bad block problem and they haven't been arsed to apply it!
Hmm... what did you expect? :p

Last edited:
MAME is working, but the problem with the touchscreen seem to be present: Only the build in apps seem to be working with the touchscreen. Oh boy!

Regards,
Stephan

i can't get mame to work at all on my f200. i just recieved the unit the other day and it came installed with 4.0.2, mame only goes to a black screen after running.

some other emus do the same thing. most i've tried do seem to work fine though.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have 3.00 on my F100 can I download the latest firmware update or do I have to download 4.00 first? How long should it take to update?

Hmm... there seems to be some improvement that seems nice. Finally has some dragging in there. I wonder if the Comic Viewer bug is fixed now? :p

I'm not brave enought to try it though. <_<
sbock said:
MAME is working, but the problem with the touchscreen seem to be present: Only the build in apps seem to be working with the touchscreen. Oh boy!

Regards,
Stephan
What touchscreen programs did you try it on?

Hmm... could this mean that the "improvements" in touchscreen in the default menu actually breaks the old touchscreen code? :(

Work here (mame too) but i have precision problem with the touchscreen only in emulators/games, same if i try to calibrate it, i wonder if they have fixed the old precision problem ? if they have, all apps using touchscreen need an update for the 4.1, no... ? :/

Is anything put into the NAND? New demos or anything.

Seem not

Anyway i like the smoother volume control on this version...

Manjuu said:
(...)
Hmm... could this mean that the "improvements" in touchscreen in the default menu actually breaks the old touchscreen code? :(
Grz- said:
Work here (mame too) but i have precision problem with the touchscreen only in emulators/games, same if i try to calibrate it, i wonder if they have fixed the old precision problem ? if they have, all apps using touchscreen need an update for the 4.1, no... ? :/

.... The feared answer is .. Yes <_< :( .

What touchscreen programs did you try it on?

I try Scumm, Boomshine, Blox and Space Varments.

Hmm... could this mean that the "improvements" in touchscreen in the default menu actually breaks the old touchscreen code?

That's exactly what I'm thinking, Manjuu.

Regards,
Stephan

I just bricked my F100. Anyone else with a F100 get the upgrade to go through. I cleared the NAND, put unzipped files in root of card, power on with select and start, upgrading screen came up, then the new firmware 4.1 screen (said loading if I rember right) then it got stuck there. Waited 6-7 mins. turned it off and black screen is all I get now.

I have the cradle so it may not be a big deal, I just need to find the wire for the computer and the cradle hook up. If anyone has any info on unbricking send me a PM it would be greatly apprecited. :) I looked at the info a LONG time ago but never needed it.

And yes I downloaded the F100 version File is called F100_4(1).1.0_080516.zip was pulled from GP2X.com.

^
|
|
|
|

this also has happened to me
Edit: but it hangs on the loading screen not a black screen

damned said:
^
|
|
|
|

Have you a F100 MK2 edition? I had the same problem when I tried to upgrade my F100 MK2 to firmware 4.0 for F100 . (hangs on loading screen)
But I could downgrade my bricked F100 to 2.0 firmware without problems.

MrHillBilly said:
I just bricked my F100. Anyone else with a F100 get the upgrade to go through.
Mine's working fine...what firmware version were you upgrading from?

MrHillBilly said:
I just bricked my F100. Anyone else with a F100 get the upgrade to go through. I cleared the NAND, put unzipped files in root of card, power on with select and start, upgrading screen came up, then the new firmware 4.1 screen (said loading if I rember right) then it got stuck there. Waited 6-7 mins. turned it off and black screen is all I get now.

I have the cradle so it may not be a big deal, I just need to find the wire for the computer and the cradle hook up. If anyone has any info on unbricking send me a PM it would be greatly apprecited. :) I looked at the info a LONG time ago but never needed it.

And yes I downloaded the F100 version File is called F100_4(1).1.0_080516.zip was pulled from GP2X.com.

I tried for many hours recently to update my firmware from 2.1.1 to 4.0.0 and the GP2X got to the screen that said loading and then it either got stuck or said patching failed. I tried all day and all night to get my system to even work and then I tried a different SD card and it upgraded immediately. The card is a Sansa and with it I can change firmware easily and quikly every time with no fear whatsoever. I will try the new firmware when I can find a working download for it as gp32 here does'nt work at the moment.

Malatesta said:
damned said:
^
|
|
|
|

Have you a F100 MK2 edition? I had the same problem when I tried to upgrade my F100 MK2 to firmware 4.0 for F100 . (hangs on loading screen)
But I could downgrade my bricked F100 to 2.0 firmware without problems.

i have a f100 mk1

computarman said:
MrHillBilly said:

I tried for many hours recently to update my firmware from 2.1.1 to 4.0.0 and the GP2X got to the screen that said loading and then it either got stuck or said patching failed. I tried all day and all night to get my system to even work and then I tried a different SD card and it upgraded immediately. The card is a Sansa and with it I can change firmware easily and quikly every time with no fear whatsoever. I will try the new firmware when I can find a working download for it as gp32 here does'nt work at the moment.

this has actually worked for me i used a kodak instead of the sandisk i tried before and its patching now

Back