Firmware 4.1.0 For F200 And F100 Is Out

notaz said:
Horscht said:
Notaz patched 2.1.2 didn't want to read my SDHC either, so I installed 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, and now it finaly works
4.0.0 SDHC support can be backported to 2.1.2, if there is demand for this. Actually, as far as I looked, GPH just took Open2x SDHC code (which has some of my code, too) and added it to 4.0.0 .

While I do appreciate your effort, I don't realy feel the need for it. 4.1.0 is not realy that bad, as I am primarily using gmenu anyways.

It still might be a welcomed patch/firmware by others, though. I myself don't feel like i would want/need to downgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notaz, it would be sweet if you could backport it. I'm sure there are butt loads of people who do not wish to go beyond FW 3.0, because you loose telnet and other features.

I already have your current sdhc patch, but if backporting this might increase sdhc compatability, then, I would say "Please do backport this"

Cheers

does anyone else think that gph should make an upgrade that really enhace the video format support?

i mean, the only format that really works is divx/xvid, the homebrew applications that try to run other formats cant make it right (or am i really wrong on this? please correct me), of course all the effort is really appreciated, but if that is embedded on the firmware, chances are that they work great (due to the dual processor)

most of quality chinese mp4 players are now supporting all kind of formats, like mpeg, real media, flv, quicktime, asf, wmv and so, and they work great (i can tell, i have an onda player) and those arent even open source players like this one

my f-200 player has 4.0 firmware and based on what ive been reading, there is no really need to an upgrade, am i wright?

Well I managed to unbrick my GP2X. Took 5 tries but she is back. I wanted to put a post if someone bricked theirs I would be willing to try and get it back up again, would like to keep it USA and Canada. Drop me a PM.

I stuck with Firmware #3 this time. :p

notaz said:
Horscht said:
Notaz patched 2.1.2 didn't want to read my SDHC either, so I installed 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, and now it finaly works
4.0.0 SDHC support can be backported to 2.1.2, if there is demand for this. Actually, as far as I looked, GPH just took Open2x SDHC code (which has some of my code, too) and added it to 4.0.0 .

I guess I would be interested. Anything that adds greater compatibility for SDHC cards on good old 2.11 is a good thing.

It's funny, I don't trust GPH firmware updates (at all!) but I completely trust anything produced by notaz! :)

Big thanks again notaz for all you've done for the GP2X community!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back